Half ton pickup tires

/ Half ton pickup tires #11  
I had a 2003 Tundra. When the OEM tires were replaced - I went with Toyo's. A far superior tire all the way around.

/ Half ton pickup tires #13  
My snows are LT rated 10 ply, I'll be glad to get back on my C rated 6 ply or even XL metric radials for the summer.
Lost 2 -3 mpg and some ride quality even at 42 PSI in the front and 38 PSI in the rear.
That pressure looks to be just right driving in a couple of inches of snow the tread was staying nice and flat,
no crowning up from being to low or down from to high a pressure.
The LT's are much heavier about 20-30 pounds each.

/ Half ton pickup tires #14  
For my 1/2 ton truck, I'm fine with the P-metric tires as I'm not doing any heavy highway hauling. The P-M's offer a more flexible tire that offers a better ride and flexes for winter driving and off road. My friend had a suburban and would tow a big pontoon boat to different lakes in the area. He found that the new LT tires he put on helped get rid of the squirming feeling (sway)he had with the P-Ms.

Last edited:
   / Half ton pickup tires #15  
Very good performance with the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT's.

They were the original tires on one of our F150's and just replaced them this fall. Got over 60k miles on them. Paid $165 ea. for them at Discount Tire.

/ Half ton pickup tires #16  
I liked the bridgestone revo 2 on our work trucks.
also, you cant go wrong with Michelin LTX or the all terrains. Michelin still makes the most round tires out of everyone.

if you want a budget option I did like the cooper all terrains for the price, about half of Michelin.

/ Half ton pickup tires #17  
My snows are LT rated 10 ply, I'll be glad to get back on my C rated 6 ply or even XL metric radials for the summer.
Lost 2 -3 mpg and some ride quality even at 42 PSI in the front and 38 PSI in the rear.
That pressure looks to be just right driving in a couple of inches of snow the tread was staying nice and flat,
no crowning up from being to low or down from to high a pressure.
The LT's are much heavier about 20-30 pounds each.
I'm the exact opposite. Winter snow tends to cover the hard protrusions in the road so I can get away with lighter tires.

/ Half ton pickup tires #18  
I’ve had my Tundra since new in September 2009. The OEM Duelers wore out ridiculously fast, and the allegedly better replacement set weren’t much better. I switched to Michelin LTX M&S, P-series, and have been happy with them. One set wore out a bit prematurely but I’d towed my little tractor about 8K during hot months without raising air pressure, and I think that set of Michelins wasn’t up to spec? I now run them 38/42 F/R all year around and boost it a bit more when towing and replaced my last set at I think 54K, and got a credit back vs the mileage warranty. That’s good as IME the Tundra is harder on tires than any truck I’ve owned, and that’s a few.

I tow my B2320 on an 18’ car hauler just a couple 1000 miles a year. The truck is my everyday driver and sees a lotta gravel, snow, some mud and while they’re not AT they have good traction in all conditions I’ve experienced. I had BFG AT/KOs on my last truck and they were great but the Michelin LTX are probably better all around tires unless you’re doing a lotta off-road.

/ Half ton pickup tires
I was looking at the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 which is a fairly street oriented A/T.

/ Half ton pickup tires #20  
Check tirerack.com for convenient ratings and lots of user reviews. Tires usually cost less that elsewhere, and at least in CA the shipping costs are less than tax and they have arrangements with installers to fix the price of mounting and balancing and you can ship to the installer.