Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #81  
Auto correct does a great job of changing what I meant to say into something I didn't mean to say.
The best one my phone did to me…..i used voice text to tell a customer i was near his gate….i looked at message and sent it…..but it changed just before i hit send.

he called me and asked what i ment by the text.

my original text .. “im two miles away”

text sent “you are so gay”

tell me AI isnt creapy.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #82  
Good one...

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #83  
Yep, it's a lot more than the general public knows. Hold a twenty up to a light, president facing you. 3/4 across to right is a strip running vertical 20 USA 20 USA 20 USA. That's an RFID chip strip. If it's moving, traveling in an auto, it can be picked up by a roadside scanner. Just like when you walk out of auto zone and it sets off a beeper, remember if it wasn't scanned property? If it isn't wrapped in foil, they'll know how much you have, pull you over and get it. It costs 8 grand to get it back.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #84  
The dollar amount should be high enough for the police to get involved and track this guy down. Pretty easy to track that rig on traffic cameras and figure out where he went. Get the equipment back and lock the guy up.

Dealers need to get even smarter about conducting transactions. When I went to buy a used car with a cashier's check, the dealer wanted to run an identity verification and credit check on me. The only way they would waive that is if I drove to the bank with a dealership employee who watched me withdraw cash and bring it back to the dealership. Examples like this make you realize why.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #85  
I won't be surprised the "buyer" had one of the rubber masks on. Jon

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #86  
Cashier's checks are the easiest to fake. Years ago, I had a race car for sale. Got some e-malls from a supposed buyer. He ask me how much i wanted for the car and if I could ship it for him. I told him I can not ship, must pick up.

A week later, I get a cashiers check in the mail made out for about $500 more than the cost of the car. He explained that I should cash the check, then get $500 in travelers checks and then send the checks to a PO box.

The whole thing look hoky to me, so i took the cashiers check to my bank and ask it was real. After about 15 minutes, the bank person came to me and said it's fake. The banker pointed out the errors on the check.

Reported this to the local police, they did nothing claiming that as I did not loose money, they couldn't do anything. So much for the police helping.

Richard
There's nothing the local Police could do. These scams commonly wind up being international fraud. Mail to the PO Box is likely forwarded out of the country. Did you report it to the FTC . This would be a case for the FBI, however as most people know they are too busy with other non-criminal cases.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #87  
Yep, it's a lot more than the general public knows. Hold a twenty up to a light, president facing you. 3/4 across to right is a strip running vertical 20 USA 20 USA 20 USA. That's an RFID chip strip. If it's moving, traveling in an auto, it can be picked up by a roadside scanner. Just like when you walk out of auto zone and it sets off a beeper, remember if it wasn't scanned property? If it isn't wrapped in foil, they'll know how much you have, pull you over and get it. It costs 8 grand to get it back.
Uh no. The US isn't using RFID on banknotes. Several European countries are, but not the US.

That strip you're referring to is the "security thread" that takes an extraordinary effort to duplicate by counterfeiters. The most it does is glow green when you hit it with a blacklight.

Passive RFID has a very short range just like badge readers. Beyond a foot or so, forget it. To go further, the RFID tag has to have a battery.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #88  
Another option would have been a face to face transaction at the buyer (or seller’s bank). It would have been easy to validate the cashiers check there.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #89  
Uh no. The US isn't using RFID on banknotes. Several European countries are, but not the US.

That strip you're referring to is the "security thread" that takes an extraordinary effort to duplicate by counterfeiters. The most it does is glow green when you hit it with a blacklight.

Passive RFID has a very short range just like badge readers. Beyond a foot or so, forget it. To go further, the RFID tag has to have a battery.

Thanks! I was just headed to the store for more tin foil when I read your post . . .

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #90  

You mean the gubmint ain't a-circlin' them danged black heliocopters over my house to peer through my walls with they infrared vision things to see just what I'm doing in here? (Which would mainly be an old man taking a nap.) :)

Last edited: