Groundsmaster 325 not starting

/ Groundsmaster 325 not starting #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
this has been sitting for a couple seasons but would be handy if it will run, it cranks over fine, just poofs white smoke and not attempting to run

turn key lights on, pump runs and fuel solenoid fires, when key is turned to start the pump quits till the key turns from start to ign,

anyone with a diesel groundsmaster can confirm pump should keep running during start process

/ Groundsmaster 325 not starting #2  
I don't have the 325D now, but think the pump should continue to run.

I would put a jumper from the pump to the battery and see if it will start. Remove the jumper when running.

/ Groundsmaster 325 not starting
what I tried was ignition on and jumped the solenoid, it took quite a bit of cranking but did run, cut for a couple hours, want to change oil its thinner than motor oil

Im thinking its easier to install a push to start switch than figure the electrical system, it may be in the box of tricks

/ Groundsmaster 325 not starting
quick update, turns out the ignition switch is not original, there is a glowplug momentary switch, up powers glowplugs down nothing so wired the starter to it, then it would start fine with ignition switch on but shut down 10 to 15 seconds, that electronic bow pulls the fuel solenoid, however turn ignition then turn to start, let go then fire starter fires right up and runs like a top

some day I will rewire to eliminate the box

/ Groundsmaster 325 not starting #5  
Im thinking its easier to install a push to start switch than figure the electrical system, it may be in the box of tricks
Yep, whatever it takes (y) .