Grey Market Tractors

/ Grey Market Tractors #11  
Interesting note on gra(e)y's with less than 20 (it was possibly 18)horsepower, federal law does not require ROP's on a tractor with less than the forementioned hp rating. Why not?

/ Grey Market Tractors #12  
From the posts, there is some misinformation re: "Grey/Gray" market tractors. It is not illegal to import them. Many "American" compact diesels are manufactured (in part of whole) by the same gray manufacturers. Parts are avaialble or even readily available for many models, BUT local shops often do not know or desire to work on them. I own a Yanmar FX24D. Excellent 28Hp (24 at PTO) Power shift tractor that when I bought had 425 Hrs.

/ Grey Market Tractors #13  
I believe that it is only illegal to import the Kubota "Grey/Gray" market tractors. To my knowledge Kubota USA is the only tractor company that sought to stop the import of the "Grey/Gray" tractors.
Of course this was done in the "intrest of the safty of the people of the USA".

Wil

/ Grey Market Tractors #14  
The ruling on Kubotas is" no kubota farm tractor under 50hp may be inported." I know of a JD dealer that leases large farm tractors & then exports them to Australia,ie grey market tractors. There is a high duty on new tractors going into Australia, but not on used.

/ Grey Market Tractors #15  
I hear of people buying quantities of old US farm tractors, trucks, and machine tools - and shipping them overseas in as containerized freight. The gray market works both ways.

/ Grey Market Tractors #16  
Not all grey market Kubotas were banned. The lawsuit that Kubota won left out some models that slipped through on the paperwork, B7000`s for example. I have one now.

Carl

/ Grey Market Tractors #17  
Carl, I have a B7000 too with a rear tiller. I paid $4,000 CDN $2700 US.
Where did you get your's what did you get with it and how much did you pay.
Got a picture?

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
canadagoose.gif

2001 BX2200 (26 hrs)

/ Grey Market Tractors #18  
The export of US farm tractors is big business. The biggest market as I understand it is to the former Soviet Union countries.

Note of Interest: When I looked into a grey tractor a few years back, the dealer claimed that the term came from early importers who were less than honest about the history of and parts availability for these tractors. They weren't "black market" since they weren't illegal but many were questionable so hense the term "grey market".

signature.JPG