Great lake boats, a good video

/ Great lake boats, a good video
#1,611  
Love this photo. This is below the Soo locks on the St Marys.
--------------------------------------
It’s begin to look a lot like Christmas up here in the northland! Interlake Steamship Company Mesabi Miner heading down into Little Rapids Cut yesterday afternoon.
406436013_194194453745375_146705458262202157_n.jpg

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,614  
I was watching that on the live also.👍

/ Great lake boats, a good video
#1,615  
A nice sight having two veteran lakers at CN-Hallett Dock 5 Thursday morning just after sunrise. The Anderson and Oberstar were making late season limestone deliveries. Duluth, MN - November 30, 2023
406430469_10231030540250276_7269665498679817125_n.jpg

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,616  
One things for sure to me anyway the Great lakes have amazing sunrises and sunsets especially when there's a laker in the foreground.

Last edited:
   / Great lake boats, a good video #1,619  
If it comes through the lower lakes I've seen them all. My property backs onto the Welland Canal.
The deck lights lite up the inside of my house at night. Not super bright, but if I'm up for a drink or returning the drink rental I don't need to turn on any lights.
The past couple years the ships have been running close to my side which is shallow and a number have been grounded on the mud.
You know when that happens as they've spent hours trying to rock themselves out.
You feel the thumping in the whole neighborhood.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,620  
If it comes through the lower lakes I've seen them all. My property backs onto the Welland Canal.
The deck lights lite up the inside of my house at night. Not super bright, but if I'm up for a drink or returning the drink rental I don't need to turn on any lights.
The past couple years the ships have been running close to my side which is shallow and a number have been grounded on the mud.
You know when that happens as they've spent hours trying to rock themselves out.
You feel the thumping in the whole neighborhood.
Oh wow! I'm sure it gets rather normal, but I'd love to sit and watch them go by.

Do you get much lake effect snow?