Grease shortage

/ Grease shortage #51  
This post brought back a memory of a weird incident from the past. My wife (R.I.P.) dropped off a strawberry filled jelly donut for me at the barn on her way to work. I was prepping the hay mower with all its dozens of Zerks. I took a bite out of the donut and then noticed a strawberry jelly blob on my white tee shirt (no it wasn't a barbeque stain, sorry). I quickly wiped it up and expected to enjoy the fresh home made jelly blob, but it was not jelly.
I can still taste it after all these years...

/ Grease shortage #52  
Rural King has this on sale. I bought 8 today. Will last me a while

Attachments

• PXL_20230716_131003306.jpg
    PXL_20230716_131003306.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
   / Grease shortage #53  
Will John Deere corn head grease work? It is softer than the Ty6341 polyurea and is also a polyurea thickened grease. Part number is AN102562. Not sure of availability at deere but Amazon shows case of 10 for $84.71

/ Grease shortage #55  

Kubota #70000-10701 14oz High-Performance Polyurea Multi-Purpose Grease

Kubota polyurethane multi purpose grease seems to be available, I googled it and a well know kubota dealer (Messicks) says they have over 1000 in stock.

/ Grease shortage #56  
If your using in a auto greaser why wouldn’t you buy a five gallon bucket!

/ Grease shortage
If your using in a auto greaser why wouldn’t you buy a five gallon bucket!

1. As I stated before, the greaser reservoir filling mechanism supplied by Krone would be very difficult to try to fill from a 5 gallon bucket.
2. We travel from 1 field to another. Carrying a 5 gallon bucket of grease is a lot less convenient than tubes. Why can’t these clowns just keep a consistent supply of tube grease in stock?
3. We invested in 4 battery grease guns. They are much easier than a 50lb bucket to drag up and down a ladder to grease the rest of the baler.

Ever greased a large square baler? Takes about an hour and you have to climb a ladder, walk across the top of the baler (very dangerous, know a few who have fallen and got seriously injured) and get down inside the baling chamber. Try that while toting a 5G bucket of grease.

Thats why. ;)

/ Grease shortage #58  
1. As I stated before, the greaser reservoir filling mechanism supplied by Krone would be very difficult to try to fill from a 5 gallon bucket.
2. We travel from 1 field to another. Carrying a 5 gallon bucket of grease is a lot less convenient than tubes. Why can’t these clowns just keep a consistent supply of tube grease in stock?
3. We invested in 4 battery grease guns. They are much easier than a 50lb bucket to drag up and down a ladder to grease the rest of the baler.

Ever greased a large square baler? Takes about an hour and you have to climb a ladder, walk across the top of the baler (very dangerous, know a few who have fallen and got seriously injured) and get down inside the baling chamber. Try that while toting a 5G bucket of grease.

Thats why. ;)
Perhaps you can refill the tube cartridges from the bucket? Industrial supply places tend not to run out of this kind of thing but industrial users buy it by the 55 gallon drum.

I believe Lubriplate has a poly grease and Kaman Industrial Technologies (now part of Motion Industries) used to sell it.

/ Grease shortage
Perhaps you can refill the tube cartridges from the bucket? Industrial supply places tend not to run out of this kind of thing but industrial users buy it by the 55 gallon drum.

I believe Lubriplate has a poly grease and Kaman Industrial Technologies (now part of Motion Industries) used to sell it.
Yeah,. possibly.

So far, it’s easier to send one of my kids out to buy a few remaining tubes from the 5-10 places than lug a 5G bucket up a ladder.

/ Grease shortage #60  
So here we go again. Polyurea grease in MY area sold out ”indefinitely”.
No John Deere Green polyurea or Lucas green polyurea grease anywhere.
Checked everywhere, box stores, hardware stores, farm stores, tractor dealers. Nothing, zip, nada.

I have 2 automatic greasers I have to keep loaded with grease or Hay Dude makes no hay.

So the question is, what type of grease mixes with polyurea grease without clogging issues?
Things are getting desperate.
I'm grease crazy and can tell you for certain Deere Lithium and Lith-Moly blend mix with the Deere poly with zero issues. I actually called a JD grease engineer and he explained it.

My takeaway is that the modern JD incantation of poly will blend with almost everything. He didn't exactly say that because it wasn't a direct topic we spoke about but that's what I came away with.

In the few years I've used it I have mixed with lots of grease and never an issue. Even on wheel bearings with some old grease there. Never an issue. It's great, as you likely know, of loader parts and dozers where stuff is a slop fit and the JD poly seems to "tighten" things up, slop wise.