Grease Question... again ;)

/ Grease Question... again ;) #1  

TWD

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M59
I've got two cases of Amsoil grease.

The "Off-Road" grease I know I use for the FEL, BH, etc...

But is the other grease for the front axle or do I have it for something else?

(Sorry! I've been ill for 2 years and haven't used the tractor really until now, and it's time to get her lubed up again!)

2016-05-15 07.25.32.jpg

2016-05-15 07.24.53.jpg

/ Grease Question... again ;) #2  
Glad your feeling better.
Looks like the same grease just packaged differently.
Both have the same classification.

/ Grease Question... again ;) #3  
They both appear to be good grease to me. The "off road" has Moly in it, which some manufactures specify for pins and bushings. It also makes it much harder to get the black moly off of your clothing. :) I would not be afraid to use either one for any use on your tractor. You will probably get a million different answers.

/ Grease Question... again ;) #4  
Frequent greasing with the wrong grease is better than occasional greasing with the right grease...

/ Grease Question... again ;) #5  
Molybdenum disulfide in grease forms a boundary layer on the surface of the metals and is intended for heavy loading on slow turning surfaces. It would be beneficial to keep it out of rolling bearing elements. Great for ball joints and pivot pins. Not so great for a ball bearing, save the polyurea for that.
Here is a very informative site involving lubrication and machinery maintenance.
Greases - Resources And Advice

/ Grease Question... again ;) #6  
Molybdenum disulfide in grease forms a boundary layer on the surface of the metals and is intended for heavy loading on slow turning surfaces. It would be beneficial to keep it out of rolling bearing elements. Great for ball joints and pivot pins. Not so great for a ball bearing, save the polyurea for that.
Here is a very informative site involving lubrication and machinery maintenance.
Greases - Resources And Advice
Great info, thanks for sharing

/ Grease Question... again ;) #7  
Subscribed.