grease gun

/ grease gun #11  
personally i dont like cordless grease guns as i think they put out too much grease. most people i know overgrease their stuff, and just create a mess. i just use a pistol grim model with a lock n load tip. way cheaper than the one linked above. I mean i guess if i was doing a fleet of tractors or used it daily in construction, i may think differently.

/ grease gun #12  
Grease, grease guns, and best tips are very popular topics on TBN. Moderators should try to consolidate them since I have seen an uncountable number of threads over the years.

Here goes. I like the lock on tip of the LockNLube Easy-Prime Grease Gun but I hate dealing with cartridges ( way too expensive per tube) and the mess since some always squeezes by the plunger and the waste since some always squeezes by the plunger. They also leak oil that separates out of the grease from the plunger entrance and the screw on body. How many people have put away a plunger gun with plunger pulled out and locked and come back to find plunger pushing grease or separated oil out of the gun?

I use a foot operated operated 2 gallon grease bucket ( see pic ) with a 10 foot hose and locknlube tip. Grease doesn't get wasted and is much cheaper ( 50% ? ) by the 5 gallon pail. Set the pail down and grease every nipple 4-5 feet to your right and 4-5 feet to your left. Foot pump generates much higher pressures ( 10,000 psi ) than the hand operated guns and same pressure as Dewalt's battery powered grease gun. Great for pushing out old cranky grease from backhoe stabilizer pads.

I have a bucket full of hand cartridge pumps that haven't been used since I bought the grease bucket.

That's my rant.

Attachments

• Grease Bucket LocknLube.jpg
    Grease Bucket LocknLube.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
   / grease gun #14  
Dewalt 20v with the lock and lube is the way to go.

/ grease gun #15  
Why Dewalt? If someone is already invested in batteries from say Milwaukee, Ryobi, Kobalt, or any other manufacturer that offers a cordless grease gun, why not go with them.

I'm heavily invested in Rigid 18V and Milwaukee 12V so I went with a set of Milwaukee 12 volt greasers and they work just fine.

/ grease gun
Anyone have this gun LockNLube Easy-Prime Grease Gun.The only complaint I have seen is the price.
In this video
he says the gun will pump air to create a vacuum. My old grease gun when it gets air pocket will not pump! also can tell how much grease you have left. Will the battery grease guns pump out air?

/ grease gun #17  
This ^
I have one kit in 3 of my tractors behind seat with battery and a couple grease cartridges.
They barely ever need charging with a 4 or 5 amp hour battery.

/ grease gun #19  
Why Dewalt? If someone is already invested in batteries from say Milwaukee, Ryobi, Kobalt, or any other manufacturer that offers a cordless grease gun, why not go with them.

I'm heavily invested in Rigid 18V and Milwaukee 12V so I went with a set of Milwaukee 12 volt greasers and they work just fine.
Cordless grease guns are like mouthwash, basically all the same so whatever platform you already use, purchase that.

Me, I'm heavily invested in HF Bauer so I just bought the Bauer 20 volt grease gun on sale, under 100 clams. Works for me just peachy.

I see Ryobi just introduced a new cordless greaser, looks nice and looks lightweight too. One of the drawbacks of them is the weight.

/ grease gun
Grease, grease guns, and best tips are very popular topics on TBN. Moderators should try to consolidate then since I have seen an uncountable number of threads over the years.

Here goes. I like the lock on tip of the LockNLube Easy-Prime Grease Gun but I hate dealing with cartridges ( way too expensive per tube) and the mess since some always squeezes by the plunger and the waste since some always squeezes by the plunger. They also leak oil that separates out of the grease from the plunger entrance and the screw on body. How many people have put away a plunger gun with plunger pulled out and locked and come back to find plunger pushing grease or separated out out of the gun?

I use a foot operated operated 2 gallon grease bucket ( see pic ) with a 10 foot hose and locknlube tip. Grease doesn't get wasted and is much cheaper ( 50% ? ) by the 5 gallon pail. Set the pail down and grease every nipple 4-5 feet to your right and 4-5 feet to your left. Foot pump generates much higher pressures ( 10,000 psi ) than the hand operated guns and same pressure as Dewalt's battery powered grease gun. Great for pushing out old cranky grease from backhoe stabilizer pads.

I have a bucket full of hand cartridge pumps that haven't been used since I bought the grease bucket.

That's my rant.

View attachment 753427
That grease pump can't have air pockets just like other grease guns.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bycm2aoSl6A The easy prime the video says it will pump out air.