Gravely's

/ Gravely's #13  
I am sure they are a bear to run!---- they are heavier than then they look! gotta be over 250 pounds with the mower on them. --- and I thought a Troy-Built Horse was bad! lol!

A Gravely cost me an entire house.
My teen age son had filled the gas tank until it accidentally overflowed (I was not present)
Then he started it.
The magneto did the job, and lit the entire machine on fire.
Too heavy to drag out of the garage, and a full tank of gas.
Insurance rebuilding cost was $240K.....back in 1987.

I had contents replacement coverage though.
Insurance bought me a nice shiny new Gravely......plus many thousands of $ of other stuff.

/ Gravely's #14  
Those L models are a beast! Had a few of the about 15 years ago with many attachments! Hard to believe that 7.6 hp could do what it could. Cut many acres of grass, graded the road, pushed and blew snow and tilled the yard several times along with the garden. Enjoy them!

/ Gravely's
finally have spark in both tractors and they will fire 1 shot every now and then but wont go----gotta be more carb problems, I guess! lol! trying to rig up an electric motor and v belt to start them---I think it will work with some help to hold everything and work the choke and throttle levers.

/ Gravely's #16  
I once hurt my back helping someone, and another guy, maybe two, load an auction bought Gravely onto his pickup.

Heavy built. All the more disappointed I was when the PRO 12, I had wore out the splines in the drive wheels at GREAt cost to repair.

/ Gravely's #17  
If you didn't get a service manual with them, hopefully this will help. http://www.gravelymanuals.com/pdf/Convertible_76_Serv_Man_1972.pdf http://www.gravelymanuals.com/pdf/Model_L_Own_Man_19660500.pdf

I had an LI (L intermediate) for about a year, to mow around 6 acres of fence to barber the place up a couple times a year. It was a beast for mowing, but, was a bit fast on speed for this old guy to keep up with making 3-4 rounds. A sukly would have been sweet, but a buddy told me, when you go through a swail, in a turn, and the handle bar comes downon your leg, can be quite painful. So, sent it down the road. A 6' flail mower on the little IH 240 works so much easier...

/ Gravely's #18  
I once hurt my back helping someone, and another guy, maybe two, load an auction bought Gravely onto his pickup.

Heavy built. All the more disappointed I was when the PRO 12, I had wore out the splines in the drive wheels at GREAt cost to repair.

I still have my "Professional 12" and considered selling it.
One of my sons said no.
So it sits....with other stuff stacked around it.

/ Gravely's
Thanks DJ--no I didnt get any manuals with them---been scrounging info along the way and getting more of an idea how they work now!! Thanks!

/ Gravely's #20  
Welcome...