Grapple Video

/ Grapple Video #2  
great video!!! awesome setup. what is the camera used as well. how much for the grappl setup?
thank you

/ Grapple Video #3  
Nice piece of equipment. I wonder why you don't heed safety rules and put up your roll bar when carrying weight in the elevated front loader?
Mf

/ Grapple Video #4  
Nice piece of equipment. I wonder why you don't heed safety rules and put up your roll bar when carrying weight in the elevated front loader?
Mf

As per the video description "Apologies to the ROPS police."

Alot of people dont prefer the use of safety and i dont hold a grudge. Not saying you do either. just preference

/ Grapple Video
great video!!! awesome setup. what is the camera used as well. how much for the grappl setup?
thank you

Thank you! The camera is a GoPro Hero2. It has a suction cup mount, so I just stuck it a few different places for perspective changes.

The cost of the grapple setup will depend on what you've got right now. You'll need a set of remotes. In my case, I had to install a set of rear remotes, then have lines created to get from the rear to the front of the FEL. There is a quick detach hydraulic coupler under the operator station in case I want to remove the FEL completely, and another at the end of the FEL arms to change implements.

The handiest solution is to qo with a SSQA setup for your FEL, which will add some cost there. The alternative is to have a grapple modified to fit your FEL.

If you've already got all of that in place, the only cost would be to purchase the grapple itself. If you are nice on the phone, rumour has it that you can get a good deal from the folks at Wildkat. When my dealer called, he was quoted the price you see on their website. Of course, he may have done a bit better and made some profit in there too, which is his perrogative. You may have to convert the hydraulic couplers to match your hydraulic lines as well.

If you have your dealer do it all for you, like I did, I would think something in the neighborhood of $2K (I had a bunch of other things done that trip as well, so would have to do the math to figure it exactly.) If you can do the hydraulics yourself, and bargain shop the SSQA and grapple, your price would come down from there.

------------------------------
For the ROPS guys - I completely understand that I should use the ROPS, no argument, no questions. And as much as I'm trying to make it a habit, on this particular day, I never even thought about putting it up. I have to fold it to get the tractor into storage. So that's my reason for not putting it up. As soon as I started watching the video to edit it down, it was the first thing I noticed as well. I expected the comments. Thanks for your Mercy on this one.

/ Grapple Video #6  
Thanks for sharing this video. Makes those without (me):drool:want to invest in one!!! I am sure Wildkat is thankful for the advertising as well!