GR2120 grass collector

/ GR2120 grass collector #1  

DHD

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am thinking about getting a Kubota GR2120 to replace my aging Wheel Horse mowers, a 416-H and a 414-8, both using 42 inch rear discharge decks.
I like the way the rear discharge decks spread out the grass clipping.
I also have a WH 48 inch side discharge deck that I've stopped using just because of the rows of grass clippings it leaves behind.
A few years ago, I did have a WH grass collection system that appeared very similar to to the Kubota GCK54-GR grass catcher system, that is offered for the GR2120.
This WH system was very noisy, and during drier times of the summer, I and the lawnmower would be surrounded by a dust cloud, and the lawnmower an I would be covered with dust. I believe the attached turbine assembly, of the grass collection system, was the reason for the added noise and dust cloud.
Therefore, I am not too interested in the GCK54-GR grass catcher system that's offered for the GR2120.

Recently on youtube I viewed a GR2120 using a grass collection system like the one in the below attachment.
It seems this "Direct Chute System" would be a far better choice for a grass collection system than the GCK54-GR.
It would more maneuverability around object by eliminating that huge (noisy) turbine attached on the right hand side of the mower deck.
It would also offer a, sort of, rear discharge feature if you chose not to use the collection feature.
I understand this "Direct Chute System" it not exclusive for the GR2120, and is also used on other Kubota models,
in Europe and other parts of the world.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the "Direct Chute System" ?
And, has anyone been able to attain this "Direct Chute System" here in the USA or Canada ?

GCK54-GR.jpgChute System.jpg

/ GR2120 grass collector
Just noticed that John Deere has an X300R that uses a system like the Kubota Direct Chute System.
From some of the reviews I've read, it seems there are some mixed feels about the effectiveness of this system.
I wish the X300R was diesel and 4wd.