Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #182  
Just another feeble attempt to legislate stupidity into safety. All this does is make people's lives who have common sense on how to use things properly more difficult. Nowhere in that legislation did I see language indicating that they would address the root cause of these issues, which is that people SHOULD NEVER use gasoline to start or accelerate a bonfire, grille or other open flame! DUH! :rolleyes:
Exactly. Stupidity..,

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #183  
I have a dozen gas cans from earlier years and I'm done lifting and pouring gas into my ATV, UTV, and lawn/farm equipment. I purchased a battery-operated fuel pump and never looked back. Check them out online.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #184  
I have had plastic screens on some of my Gerry cans for years, guys are getting their knickers in knots over nothing. The added benefit to the "flame arrestors" is it keeps dead flies and crud from inside your cans getting into your machinery fuel tanks.

BTW my 151 proof rum has a flame arrestor screen, my life hasn't turned upside down because of its presence.

Go back to worrying about secret microchips in medical vaccines.

No, they are not worrying about nothing.

First, there's the additional cost involved.
Next could be the "mandate" that requires them for all fuel cans.
Then, there will be the mandatory surrender of any non-compliant ones.
Then, there will be the "show proof of ownership" requirement before being granted a permit to purchase fuel in a container. But, only after the appropriate background check and 8 hour safety course which will set you back $150.
Then will come the "ban" on bump stocks and arm braces.
Oh wait, they already did that last one . . .

Complacency leads to enslavement.

To all of you who were revolted by this flame arrestor business, thanks. Freedom is precious. Even if it is the freedom to 'endanger' your life by using a fuel can!

By the way, how many of you have purchased real cold medicine or Parepectolin lately?

Drugs & Medications

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #185  
The issue here is they don't stop adding more regulation and expense.....checked out California lately. The EPA has a history of being politically coerced and mired in bureaucracy. They have very little credibility left....so this is why the flags go up.
I don't disagree, there's too much regulation and expense. I'm generally all about small government. We can still apply critical thinking though and distinguish between what is good and what is not. Not all legislation is bad. Much of this thread is just knee-jerk reaction "EPA bad". That's no better than saying purple man bad and not actually examining if the specific thing implemented is good or not.

Just another feeble attempt to legislate stupidity into safety. All this does is make people's lives who have common sense on how to use things properly more difficult. Nowhere in that legislation did I see language indicating that they would address the root cause of these issues, which is that people SHOULD NEVER use gasoline to start or accelerate a bonfire, grille or other open flame! DUH! :rolleyes:
Stop and think about what addressing that root cause would look like. You would flip out if they attempted to address that root cause.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #187  
What does one of these gas can flame arrestor look like?

It's like a tube capped at one end, but made of mesh. If you've purchased a tractor in the last 20 years or so, it's the thing just inside the fill port of the fuel tank that many people accidentally push in at some point when filling up with a heavy can.

s-l300[1].jpg

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #190  
I have had plastic screens on some of my Gerry cans for years, guys are getting their knickers in knots over nothing. The added benefit to the "flame arrestors" is it keeps dead flies and crud from inside your cans getting into your machinery fuel tanks.

BTW my 151 proof rum has a flame arrestor screen, my life hasn't turned upside down because of its presence.

Go back to worrying about secret microchips in medical
Well said from Canakastan.