Govenor Help!!!

/ Govenor Help!!! #1  

bytwnracer

Tractor
Branson
I have a Branson F3550 with the Mitsubishi S4l2 diesel engine. I was having a problem with engine surging. I replaced the injectors and problem got worse so I took injection pump off and got it tested and was told it needed to be rebuilt by a very credible and reliable shop. Put rebuilt injection pump on and now when I start it it wants to run wide open. If I take off fuel shut off solenoid I can control rpms by controlling lever inside governor. I can get tractor to idle perfect and rev up perfect. Throttle arm outside of governor does nothing. But as soon as I release arm inside it wants to run wide open. What else can I look at? According to service manual governor is complete and correct. Any ideas?

/ Govenor Help!!! #2  
Put the spring back
On
Don't know about your engine but the kubotas I have worked on had a spring you had to take off and out back on to pull injection pump went to governor mate just an idea

/ Govenor Help!!! #3  
Attached is the MHI service manual, and the fuel section does show a tie rod spring that needs to be removed and reinstalled.

Attachments

• servicemanualformitsubishidieselengines.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 19
   / Govenor Help!!! #4  
YUP! its a spring deal. You saying put the spring
back on reminds me of a guy with a 65 Dodge with
a 426 under the hood and the spring on the carb fell
off and he shot across the base being chased by the
SP"s in 6 cylinder chevy pickups

willy