Got my tractor

/ Got my tractor #21  
First thing people should do is go to the rental yard and look at all of the cracks and dings in canopies BEFORE they buy one. They are right there in harms way and unlike the ROPS, many are not sufficiently well braced. The ones that seem to hold up have a huge bracket where it mounts on the ROPS plus a metal frame and heavy metal surface with good insulation. Guess the head room is a real issue, too. Fortunately my ROPS is pretty high so that will help.

/ Got my tractor #22  
I agree, Wen. Mine is insulated steel (painted to match the tractor) on a heavy, coated angle iron frame with big flat steel brackets mounted to the ROPS with 4 big U-bolts (and I've dinged up the edges several times already, darn it!)/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif It's high enough over my head that my hat doesn't hit it, but low enough to provide shade for my head and arms (just about right), and that angle iron frame made a good place to mount a work light on the rear, and a work light, tiltmeter, and rear view mirror on the front.

Bird

/ Got my tractor #23  
Now that is exactly the use I had in mine for a canopy! I like all those things and forward facing lights would be really handy as the loader frame sometimes gets in the way. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif What brand or where did you get it. (Tipton ?)

/ Got my tractor #24  
Wen, I bought it from Tipton, all right. They installed it on the tractor before delivering it. It was made by Wells Ag Company in Elm Mott (just north of Waco).

Bird