Got my new to me 3000 home!

/ Got my new to me 3000 home! #31  
A hydraulic top link also makes hooking up implements MUCH easier, don't know why I went so long without one.

/ Got my new to me 3000 home! #32  
Wow! Thanks everyone. That helps a ton. Great info.

I was just looking at an old Steiner catalog I have trying to find the headlight switch. It only shows generic switches. Any idea where to get a nice original?
I used Yesterdays tractors for most of my 3000 parts orders.

Messick's also has the Ford parts and parts breakdowns.

this looks close.

Congrats on the 3000
Beautiful Condition

/ Got my new to me 3000 home!
I'm up here in northern Ontario Canada, so I have no Ford or NH dealers close by. I wasn't sure if they'd even still have any parts for these? But good to know about Messick's.

I have used Yesterdays Tractor and Steiner's for parts for my Allis Chalmers though.

Only thing that sucks is the crazy shipping and duties into Canada. Sometimes the shipping is more than the parts I buy.
Usually I try and have it sent to a package place in Michigan and I go and pick it up myself.

I looked at the light switch on mine and while I'm not sure if it's the right one, it is the rotary style, not the push pull.

Someone on YT said my Basildon tractor should have the rotary and the US tractors had push/pull.

Despite having video of it working on the farm, I discovered one other issue. The crank on the 3 point lift arm, for levelling, I cannot turn.

Any advice on what to try or do you think it will need to be replaced?

Not sure if it's just seized or if the gears are stripped?

Attachments

• 20230521_103242.jpg
    20230521_103242.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 50
   / Got my new to me 3000 home! #36  
Despite having video of it working on the farm, I discovered one other issue. The crank on the 3 point lift arm, for levelling, I cannot turn.

Any advice on what to try or do you think it will need to be replaced?

Not sure if it's just seized or if the gears are stripped?
There is a good chance that the grease in the leveling box has gotten solid. You can take it apart, but getting the pins out can be fun. Use lots of penetrating oil, a brass drift, and a 5 lb. hammer, and you may need the ole flame wrench but they will come out. You can then inspect it and hopefully only have to clean it out, replace and put fresh grease in her.

/ Got my new to me 3000 home! #38  

I have found that most of the time the rod has rusted in the fork, on occasion I have found bad gears but 9 out of 10 it has been the rusted shaft.

Thanks again. Think I'll wait until after the two big shows I want to attend this summer so I don't mess up the paint, then I will take it off and repaint if I get it free. Thanks for the info.

Had to take them all out today to reorganize to get them all back in inside under roof so lined them up for a family photo. Only ones I didn't take out are the two Massey Ferguson 7 lawn tractors.

Attachments

• 20230521_131406.jpg
    20230521_131406.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 61
Only disappointment was I broke my 2 year old trailer on the second time I ever pulled it.

Despite the big decal that says max PAYLOAD 5700 pounds, my Ford bent two crossmembers under the floor. Teach me for buying aluminum. But really not happy with the quality of this Interco/Bearco trailer.
Already had to have a bunch of cracks welded under warranty just driving it home with my RTV in it after buying them both.

I put one of my 20 ton jacks under the crossmembers before i unloaded tractor and I got the floor pushed back up level but I can see it move now with just me standing in it.

But at least I made it home.
Good news. Trailer manufacturer called me and said trailer is still warrantied and to call them. So that's encouraging. I'll post more once I talk to them.