good ofice substitute for win 7

/ good ofice substitute for win 7 #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
what do you guys use as an office suite substitute.

working mostly with word and xl docs

I have 'works' on an older xp netbook, and full office on my win8 stuff.. but ther eis one lonely win7 laptop at work that needs -something-

/ good ofice substitute for win 7 #3  
Try Libre Office (I think that's the right spelling), an offshoot of Open Office. I downloaded on an old laptop, but one of the kids "borrowed" the laptop before I got to fool around with it much.

/ good ofice substitute for win 7
thanks, will give it a try! ( libre )

/ good ofice substitute for win 7 #5  
   / good ofice substitute for win 7 #6  
I also recommend Open Office. My oldest used it through Junior and Senior High with no problems. There are some converters that are needed to open the newest forms of MS Office files, but they are free as well.

/ good ofice substitute for win 7 #7  
I used Microsoft Works for years. It would do everything I wanted in the way of word processing, spreadsheets, and database and I would have liked to stay with it. I had it on Windows 7, but apparently it's not available for Windows 8 and 8.1. So now I'm finally using MS Office. I had to download one of those free conversion programs to convert all my old files. Office has lots more "features" that I don't need, so it's OK, but no better than Works for me.

/ good ofice substitute for win 7
i loved works.. but with my new stuff being on 8.. office. never did like word...

/ good ofice substitute for win 7 #9  
I have been using Open Office, and now Symphony which is IBM's version of Open Office, for years. I have not had a problem reading MS Office files, the price is right, FREE, and more importantly, I do not have to use MS buggy software while paying more money to Bill and his crony's.

Later,
Dan

/ good ofice substitute for win 7 #10  
Libre Office and open office are basically the same prg just watch out for the extras that get loaded with them decline each extra and you will be ok. No problem opening any office doc just remember to save any doc you create in office format, if you need to share with someone using ms office. And the price is right free