Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,811  
tried to plan an rv trip over Memorial Day and gave up, most places booked up.
So this evening I worked up a trip down to Washington NC week after next.
Stopping at a Watermelon Park along the Shenandoah River in Berryville VA on the way home, Monday 13th.
may stay another day if in no rush to get home
am hoping my brother and wife can stop over and pull up a chair if the weather is nice.

up and out fairly early tomorrow, Spring clean up at the private school I volunteer at.
I'm trying to avoid weeding this year, plus it's pretty dry out there and weeding would be challenging.
So my job is to use my Makita cordless drill and planting auger and offer assistance to the planting ladies who have lots of gardens
to plant tomorrow. And some of the flowers they are planting I grew for them.
I think each of the lower grades has a class garden also.

just plain run out of energy
Just a couple of miles east of Watermelon Park (I live nearby) just off of RT 7 (on Pine Grove Rd) is the "Horseshoe Curve Restaurant and Bar" run by Tracy Wink and her husband Jim. Tracy's Grandfather started it in 1946, very cool place, a good hole in the wall place. Tracy makes a fantastic bacon cheesburger and they have a good selection of craft beers. Unfortunately, they are closed on Mon and Tue's.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,812  
L4N in past experience with those folks you might find calling them directly will offer a solution.

Sodamo hope eye procedure was a success prayers sent

57 high maybe 68 showers all day off and on we need desperately

Finished job yesterday even got paid driveways are getting expensive. If showers give opening will go look at more work today maybe work on battery. Prayers for all silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #189,813  
Good Morning,
Anna Maria Island, 72 going to 81 ! Another sunny day with blue skies ! Vacation is slowly winding down, we leave Tuesday and Wednesday is back to reality! 😉

Went with Kathleen for an hour long walk to Coquina Beach ! By almost 10 am it was starting to get a bit warm for walking ! Today looks to be another good beach day !

Hope all have a great day and enjoy their weekend ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,815  
Just a couple of miles east of Watermelon Park (I live nearby) just off of RT 7 (on Pine Grove Rd) is the "Horseshoe Curve Restaurant and Bar" run by Tracy Wink and her husband Jim. Tracy's Grandfather started it in 1946, very cool place, a good hole in the wall place. Tracy makes a fantastic bacon cheesburger and they have a good selection of craft beers. Unfortunately, they are closed on Mon and Tue's.
thanks, sounds perfect except for timing. My brother is coming to pick me up for lunch on the 13th and asked me where to go, due to how rural this place is. Just a little river town on the Shenandoah, has a post office so I guess it's a town
not a lot there for sure
but I try to find places near water if I can
was a hard core boater for 25 years, hard to stay away from the water.
I'm happy to take pictures of it now

this looks like a cool place to send up my camera drone.

watermelon park 1.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,816  
Good Morning.
It’s a cool 53° this morning under a cloudy sky. Not going to warm up, rain is likely later.

Yesterday’s trip went as well as it could considering I had an 8 hour wait in SC. We did find a local BBQ joint for lunch.
It didn’t disappoint, but it reminded me how regionalized BBQ is. I had ribs, and while they were good, they were prepared and trimmed a lot different than what I usually do.

IMG_4283.jpg

My daughter was wondering when I would get home so she checked my location via apple’s app. Her timing was perfect,
IMG_0004.jpg

She caught me as we were waiting to take off from SC. Today’s technology is pretty amazing.

Not sure what I should get into today, but I’m sure that I’ll figure something out. I should mow, but it looks like it could rain any minute.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,818  
thanks, sounds perfect except for timing. My brother is coming to pick me up for lunch on the 13th and asked me where to go, due to how rural this place is. Just a little river town on the Shenandoah, has a post office so I guess it's a town
not a lot there for sure
but I try to find places near water if I can
was a hard core boater for 25 years, hard to stay away from the water.
I'm happy to take pictures of it now

this looks like a cool place to send up my camera drone.

View attachment 866432
Another place nearby we like to go to walk or bike is the Cool Springs Civil War battlefield, it is just east of the Shenandoah River, and just north of RT 7, might be a good place to fly the drone. It was once a golf course (Virginia National) they went out of business, Shenandoah University bought it, and now it is a preserved civil war site (1,226 acres). There are 2 paths that the golf carts used, one south and one north, each 2.5 miles, and there are, 9 signs that explain the battle and it's aftermath. There is a scenic overlook, and there the path is pretty steep, I haven't made it all the way up yet (67 yo) but we're working on it!
Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 12.13.25 PM.png

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,819  
I'll have to try that sometime.

Used to be an unmarked airport over in that area, probably associated with Mt Weather, but I can't find it on google maps any more..

My office secretary from the early 1980s, after she retired, built a log cabin down in the Rt 50 area just east of the river. Pretty down in that area.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,820  
52 deg.
Good breakfast with the gang, but my wife didn't go. Since it was raining we just sat around for good while.
No other plans for the day.
Since it's cool, I started the pellet stove to make sure it will work after the exhaust motor replacement, and make sure the pipe is sealed good. All is well, Tiger just found it was on, and hopped on for a warm bed.

popgadget, I use the apple app to watch my son drive to and from work. The day he wrecked, I had just seen where he was and was expecting him to get home any minute....