Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,801  
55 drizzle up to 61.

Plowhog, yep, next week is puppy pick up...going over today to play.

Phoebes under the shelter hatched yesterday...won't be long until fledging, and I can get back to my splitter for a load of rounds I need to split. Saw a baby Mockingbird on the driveway yesterday, too. bad time for the babies with this cool wet weather.

Made a dump run, and stopped for a hike. A little string trimming and garden work, too.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,803  
52 outside this AM, grey, and raining. Next ten days looks to be about the same according to the people who attempt to predict weather.

No loose horse this AM. Fence showed no sign of where she got out yesterday. And the electric is good. Luckly there is enough to keep all the animals entertained and closed in if they every did managed to escape.

Not much accomplished yesterday. It was a real job day.

Not much on the agenda today, was hoping to get to last pasture but the rain put a stop to that idea.

Hope all have a good day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,805  
Checking in from Day 7 of hell. Totally not read GM
Doctor yesterday, pneumonia, xrays to confirm.
Bag of meds

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
glad to hear your on the mend.
and I knew Popgadget was working hard when I went by his place yesterday morning in the rv going home about 9:30 am and honked three times.
I bet he wondered who that idiot was honking.

as I go off this morning looking for commercial veggies, Bonnie plants five bucks each??
I sure will be motivated next year to do what RS is doing, growing from scratch.
5 bucks for a tomato plant makes the food expensive
3 for 10 is what I'm hunting

RS, do you ship?
Yep, $5 for a young tomato that they planted 5 weeks ago...

67°F and cloudy this morning, going up to 80°. More rain coming this afternoon and into tomorrow. Had a couple of small thunderstorms wake us overnight, but nothing severe here.

Need to try to get at least the fenced in yards mowed today for the dogs to do their thing. Also, need to spend some time finding out why the pond fountain stopped yesterday.

We didn't pay either, Ken. Just accepted the loss of data back to the last complete backup and moved on. We call it "The Black Hole." All of our customers and suppliers have been not only understanding, but very kind in helping our efforts to rebuild what we can.

Good Morning, Gents.
Our small hospital 25 miles south of here was a victim. They paid $17000. Then they went out of business about a year later.

When I burned oil, I started doing the cleaning myself, after finding the “professional “ guy installing the wrong nozzle. He was guaranteeing a return visit. It’s not hard. Reminds me it still takes up space in my basement.

Not doing a ride along today, am very nervous.
Hoping your son has safe travels. I had anxiety of having a wreck, after having a mishap back when I was 16.

Yep. Time to privatize the USPS.
Yep. Too many slackers and thieves at the USPS. Not all of them, but some bad apples.

4.5 hours of cutting I think I lost weight BP 134/82 lots of stitches very sore resting. God was watching your son BEF
Yes, that wrecked car was tough to look at, but the engineering and God protected him.
Good story L4N

Thanks BEF, RNG 60 plus now removed numerous others frozen
Prayers Buppies. Keep getting better.

Decided spontaneously yesterday early to take my wife to the AT up on Thunder Ridge where I saw millions of trillium and mayapple blooming at this time, last year. She loved it. Then we hiked down to Apple Orchard Falls. Had the trail and bottom sitting area to ourselves. Always surprises me when such a treasure has no one there.
Great! thanks for sharing.

30F going to sunny 68F today.

We have goslings!

At least 3 eggs hatched. I'm not sure if there are any more eggs to hatch, but I did see 3.

Even though they hatched as of yesterday morning, the mom goose sat on the nest all day yesterday and never left. So as of now, she and the goslings have sat there for 24 hours or so. I'm expecting they might be up, out, and running around today-- we will see.

Everyone have a great day !!!
Love seeing them hatch. Glad they made it to cover. Score on the diesel tank.

Good Morning.
It’s 57°, high just under 80 this afternoon , after the fog burns off.

Not many chores will get done today, I’ll gather up the trash and recycling, bring in a load of ice for the daughters cold therapy machine, but then I’ve got to head to the airport.

Taking a group to Louisville for the Derby. Not staying, just dropping them off and picking them up on Sunday.
The FBO is charging a “special event fee” of $3100 to drop them off and the same to pick them up. I suggested that they go somewhere else rather than being victims of greed, but they said to pay it.
Gives you some insight as to what a weekend at the Derby must cost…..
A $6200 touch and go. I would expect that on an aircraft carrier maybe....I guess they fund the entire year off of this weekend.
Enjoy seeing the progress on your plasma cutting.

Got behind, then hard to catch up, I had to skip a few posts. Busy here, running low on energy when I get home from work.

Prayers for our team, our nation, Israel and Ukraine.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,807  
Good Morning!!!! 51F @ 5:00AM. Windy at times with rain likely. High 59F. SSE winds at 20 to 30 mph, decreasing to 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Higher wind gusts possible.
It just started raining a few minutes ago, with a healthy cell approaching from the west. Tomorrow should be back to dry.

Bounced around all day yesterday, packing more metal into the trailer, painting the drop gate on the old 24' trailer, getting the solar panel charging again up at the gate by just taking apart and reconnecting the wires. That was too easy, and I don't expect the fix to last. Loaded four buckets of lead into the trailer, piled more scrap wood on top, piled grass clippings from down south on the mulch/ash pile, and replaced the battery in the Kubota side-by-side. Before that I used the new battery with the little spot welder and got some strong welds, so the old battery I had been trying turned out to be the problem. Just generally stayed busy fixing and packing.

Today i switch back to inside jobs, mostly patching holes and painting walls. The garage looks like someone locked a flock of woodpeckers in there. Not my fault; I bought it that way. Probably some cleaning as well.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #189,808  
Good morning! 71˚F dark clouds staying in the 70s all day with a change of rain each hour from 10-40%.

Still waiting for the grass to dry so I can mow, each day that passes I will have to raise the cut.

Looking at a fixer-upper house will find out more next week.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,809  
I spent 3 hours spraying 41% glyphosate yesterday early afternoon, to kill pasture grass on a newly acquired hunting spot. Nice, sunny afternoon and evening. This morning, I awake to thunder, lightning and heavy rain (again). I hope the "after a few hours - it's rainfast" is correct and I didn't waste my time/money.

We've had about 3" of needed rain in the last two weeks. The rivers are running high and fast.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,810  
Morning all, 52 going to 62 and rain is slowly coming in.
Too bad as we are off to beer fest with a big group of friends later.
Too bad I can't drink anymore :-(

Did get the tractor out and moved more fallen ash to the pile.
And got the brushcutter running. It did not like the mixed gas but ran on the pre-mixed.
The Echo blower, hedgetrimmer and chain saw all run fine with my mix.
Piles are getting big.

We also saw the first fawn yesterday, must have just been born, was still walking with legs going in multiple directions :)

Wagtail - good you caught the infection early.

Got some more mud on the ceiling, hopefully do the last sanding and paint tomorrow during the rain.

I still have a lot of standing dead Ash in the front woods and the back area.
Even with the strong winds they seem to hold up until they just completely fall apart on the way down.

be well,
20240503_183600.jpg

20240503_173400.jpg