Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,401  
Good Morning! Nice day it's shaping up to be. Little cloudy, still and mid 70's.

Yesterday was interesting at the meeting of the new board I am on. I don't like sitting in a chair for hours to start with. It's different being on the other side of the fence. I will adjust.

A few small irons in the fire today I need to tend too. Nothing broke while I was tied up yesterday. That's good.

Best to everyone and prayers for those that need healing or recovery. Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,402  
43F, cloudy, and misting @ 13:15, calling for a high of 45F today. A Freeze Watch has been issued for overnight.

Fairly productive day yesterday ... but way too windy to do any spraying.

Got remesh panels removed from van with The Woman's assistance and put over on the tall saw horses for treatment with phosphoric acid to kill the rust.

Live trap repairs and modifications were (partially) successful ! First customer of the new year enrolled. Attempted swimming lessons, which customer failed. He's now up in the field waiting on the buzzards to arrive to take him to his reward.

Live trap up at the shop awaiting repairs:

1. Actuator rod for the trigger plate bent up again (bad design, located inside the trap)

2. Trigger plate torn loose from where it hinges ... but at least not torn up ... (y)

Two bags of mulch put in dump cart for The Woman so She could mulch around Her Stella D'Oro which She had weeded next to the entryway steps:

IMG_3191 copy.jpg

She also worked on harvesting and potting more of the trailing vine that was volunteering next to the steps:

IMG_3187 copy.jpg

Took Cub and dump cart up to shop and grabbed a propane bottle, the HF weed torch, and a furniture dolly and brought those down to the house.

Took Kubota back up and removed 3PH for LPGS and infeed chute for chipper from shop and relocated to south side outside of barn.

Swap out pallet forks on Kubota for the Light Material bucket and haul 6 bags of mulch around back.

Headed up to the compost/woodlot/pumpkin patch and incorporated the stuff I've been dumping up there into the compost pile pile.

Also started screening some more compost.

Put pallet forks back on Kubota and remove the pallet with the remainder of mulch on it to the northeast corner of the house and stage it there for the time being.

Mowed down the two strips of tall grass in the front lawn, completing that until the next go around:

IMG_3188 copy.jpg

Placed Amazon order for curved draw knife, 100 clothespins, and a silicone mat for the stovetop for The Woman. Order now on the truck and out for delivery.

Headed over to the east side of the house and started mowing that area, got it all done except the very northern portion up next to the driveway.

At that point came in as it was starting to feel chilly.

Woman had fixed tuna salad sandwiches for lunch and I had one.

Headed up to the shop after that and worked until around 22:30, cleaning and straightening up, made good progress for the most part ... although I was thwarted by being unable to locate a dustpan in all the mess.

I did get a snot load of cardboard burned, almost to the point of having the folding table cleared off to relocate stuff on the workbench and other horizontal surfaces so I get those cleaned off and that stuff sorted out.

Just got email from Amazon order was delivered.

Agenda for the rest of the day:

Fill Menards rebate form and get those in the mail.

Generate the paperwork for a couple of Amazon returns The Woman has.

Email accountant to set up an appointment to do our tax returns.

Repot the large tomato seedlings.

Probably head up to the shop later for more cleaning and straightening up.

Pics of cedar log whittling progress for MG as requested:

IMG_3190 copy.jpg

Have gotten the widest part of the base end down to around 12" at the widest point, so getting close to being able to get it in a post hole.

Close up detail of where the ants and pill bugs have been gnawing away:

IMG_3189 copy.jpg

Hope everyone is having a decent Hump Day ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,403  
   / Good morning!!!! #189,405  
   / Good morning!!!! #189,406  
   / Good morning!!!! #189,407  
94 inch diameter tree, just missed her husband
unimaginable

A 69-year-old Bensalem woman died Saturday after a large tree fell onto the RV camper she was sleeping in at an Upper Bucks campground.

The Bucks County Coroner's Office identified the woman as Cynthia Cousins. An autopsy found she died as a result of head and torso injuries and the manner of death was listed as accidental.

The Bucks County Coroner's Office confirmed a Bensalem woman died Saturday after a tree fell on her RV vehicle in Quakertown on Ap;ril 20, 2024.
Pennsylvania State Police who responded to the accident at the Quaker Wood Campgrounds in the 2200 block of Rosedale Road in Milford have released few details.

State police reported in a press release that a tree approximately 94-inches in diameter fell onto the camper around 11 p.m. An unidentified male in the RV was thrown upon impact and survived with minor injuries, authorities said. Cousins was pronounced dead at the scene..

/ Good morning!!!! #189,409  
this is a lesson that will stick with me
will now have to start planning based on night winds too

these rvs are built with matchsticks and glue
zero requirements for strength other than not falling apart in the wind. My rv allegedly has a solid fiberglass roof; hoping that might be a little stronger. I think motorhomes might be stronger than travel trailers.

this senior couple from the lower end of our county, maybe half an hour from Ken and I. They go a little ways North for their quiet time in the woods and it sure was life changing.

these trees all look well taken care of. If that tree went over in a storm and maybe after big rains? They will be taking a forensic look at that tree I'm sure, evidence of rot, should they have known, yada yada. Standard site agreement with hold harmless part of it. But if that tree showed any sign of prior rot or damage, campground will likely have some liability that sticks. And it will kill their reputation.
There is a huge rv media business and this story will be talked about everywhere

/ Good morning!!!! #189,410  
No way the tree in the pic was 94" in DIAMETER except maybe at the stump.
/edit - more like 40" or 50" DBH max.
I absolutely agree, just quoting
I wonder if they meant circumference
it looks like a two to three footer in that pic

update
I went out and measured
average tree 30"
some bigger ones 42"
a few larger, but mostly straight and tall
42 near me has a worrisome crotch in it

1713991531522.png

Last edited: