it looks like a two to three footer in that pic

update
I went out and measured
average tree 30"
some bigger ones 42"
a few larger, but mostly straight and tall
42 near me has a worrisome crotch in it

View attachment 864138
Maybe they should had said Circumference?

/ Good morning!!!! #189,414  
Good (Thursday, ANZAC Day) morning. Overnight Low was 3.5C and it's presently 'warmed up' to 5.3C. It's calm with light cloud.

A fantastic turn out for the Dawn Ceremony, both in the number of Veterans and civilians attending. Bloody cold, I think that it's the first time I wore gloves, and my toes are still frozen. I'll head back into town for the 1100 wreath laying ceremony later on.

For the first time, as the Parade Commander, the 'sound bloke' wanted me to wear a microphone transmitter so that he would know when I started the parade; "Really?" (I have a very carrying command-voice). Short story is that it didn't work and, yes, they could clearly hear me. ;) Some say that I could be heard from the other side of town.

That's about it, take care all.

Lest we forget.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,415  
Good Evening,
Have a great trip! Bet your sister was happy to see you
TBS, yep my sister gave us a great tour of the town !
That sounds unkilely to me too.
TBS, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a bigger ash tree than 2 to 2 1/2 ft in dia ! Had to cut a few down on the property, but they must be speaking about circumferences IMO !

/ Good morning!!!! #189,416  
No way the tree in the pic was 94" in DIAMETER except maybe at the stump.
/edit - more like 40" or 50" DBH max.
For reference the national champion ash tree is 255" in circumference which (if my math is correct) is less than 82" diameter.
1714000106566.png

/ Good morning!!!! #189,417  
3 hour school board meeting by zoom,
definitely put my needle on E
hope you all have a good evening

now i know why this campground is so quiet, there are no people here. Lots of full time rvs but no transients at all. I wonder why

/ Good morning!!!! #189,418  
Old man lies in bed with wife sleeping
tree falls down and kills her, knocks him out of bed

one more reason they are called widowmakers

of course you could say that about a tall extension ladder too...

Almost all the trees in these woods are tall and straight, not a lot of arms on them. If they are ash, surprised they are still alive, since most died. There are no neglected trees here.
This place is kept up.
But then I looked up and around and saw a dead branch about 50 feet up on one.

I wonder when they will mandate artificial trees.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,419  
TBS, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a bigger ash tree than 2 to 2 1/2 ft in dia ! Had to cut a few down on the property, but they must be speaking about circumferences IMO !
It’s got to be.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,420  
Good evening all. 63ºF for the start, mostly cloudy, light breeze. Light wind, overcast sky, no rain, and high temp was 76ºF. Made coffee then Men's meeting, bike ride, putter, nap, grief share and dinner group. Left there too late to get more catch up done. BIL needs 5 weeks of radiation for cancer, may have to go up the to help take care their place while they are getting his treatment.
Saturday 10:19 AM CDT post:
Drew hope you were ready to go Sunday.
Two_bit neat story on pipeline. Remember what it was carrying?
Mike lawyers are like any other profession, there are good ones, ok one and bad ones. You don't get a good one then results less than satisfactory.
Ken glad you are getting chance to dry out. Nice you had good visit with GF parents. Love the pic
Two_bit sorry work schedule not to your liking. I had that happen to my semi-retirement phase, worked 5 day a week 5-6 hours a day for 6+ months. Money was nice but did not feel like retirement :(
Bill sorry about snow.
Buppies prayers sent.
Kyle I hope if they take some of your land that you get fair compensation and money to put in sound barriers. Good luck with K46 trannie.
RS Sorry to hear about how cold it is there. Lights look good. Hope shop work went well.
Kyle thanks for the info on San Jacinto.
Randy(wag) glad meeting was good. Hope church was good.
Dennis glad got rest of yard mowed.
Sunday morning 12:45 AM CDT post:
Two_bit thanks for info.
Ron glad foot better hope NASCAR good. Nice cardinal.
Phil sorry about aches and pains from Saturday. Neat turnings
Buppies glad grass mowed ahead of rain. Hope you start sleeping better. I though the parathyroid surgery was to help with sleeping better.
Billy sorry forecast not reliable. Hope you can get wood spit soon.
Thomas hope you got your agenda accomplished.
Don thanks for info, will half to try that.
Don hope you got your pickle ball in. Last year was hotter than normal :(
Bill hope you got more tank install done. Sorry about rain/snow
Helo sorry about snow after summer tires on. Good of you to help Ukrainians. Happy birthday to daughter. I worked in design department for a while using drafting machine using pencil on vellum. Glad mod 3 is improvement.
Mike glad wife liked ice cream run. Sorry about wet grass, hope it dries out some.
Paul sorry more progress needed for alpaca wares. Hope ear design went well. Hope breakfast and mowing went well.
Drew sorry you had to miss story telling.
Two_bit eating catfish sounds yummy.
Scott(vt) hope basement clean out went well.
Ken glad tree planted, hope you got to enjoy Shadfest. Nice pic
Ken shad make tasty meal for Large mouth bass :)
Bill gals hose and reel mounted for tank.
Dennis glad good worship. Any idea where in MO visitor was from? Have wonder why disable program due to no support :(
More catch up later.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.