Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,431  
34 going to 57, and rain coming again. Can see the moon and stars right now, at least.

Happy Anniversary to BEF and wife! Sorry the accident is upending your plans. Continued prayers for your family.

Mostly, glad you are healing and can take a shower again.

3 coffees roasted and a hike between rain showers.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,432  
37 outside this Am, heading to mod 50's. More rain expected later. Had a nice creek running through the front pasture. Grounds are squishy. Don't step on a mole hill or tunnel. Mud volcano! LOL.

Eldest is in Kansas now, survived the high winds. Trailer fender was the only damage. Blew off part of it, stripped the screws. She ended up using shoe laces to get it back on and down. Later a stop at a tractor supply she got some zip ties. The trek continues.

Me, day job, estate and tax prep. Hope I can get the works to the accountant later today. When I am out, probably need to find some tile stain.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,433  
a mud volcano is a wonderful visual Rip.
hope your daughter has a totally safe trip.
I know you will not relax til she gets there.
and since I'm headed that way in four months
my existing concerns over wind remain.

slow and steady
slow and steady

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,435  
Good Morning,
Ct, 31 to start going to 42 ! Woke up to snow flurries, coated the ground ! Checked the camera in Vermont, not working, power must be out ! 😒

Dennis, happy Anniversary!! Sorry circumstances are not better ! Glad son is alright!

Work today, hopefully the precipitation is mostly over !

Hope all have a blessed and safe day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,436  
a mud volcano is a wonderful visual Rip.
hope your daughter has a totally safe trip.
I know you will not relax til she gets there.
and since I'm headed that way in four months
my existing concerns over wind remain.

slow and steady
slow and steady

8mpg with the 2500hd diesel pulling a Coleman light.

Winds suck.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,437  
Good morning, the low is 32 and the high going to 36°F. Wind ENE 16 gusting to 24 mph. Snow.
We got about an inch of snow overnight. Not enough to even consider plowing.

The new stove arrived yesterday, other than the pain of paying for it ($900.oo) including delivery and tax. All went well. The glass top convection P.O.S. is on the deck. The next time the trailer goes to the dump that stove will be on it.

BEF, it might be wise to get a lawyer. Too many times I have seen 6' wide pickups riding close to the line and pulling an 8' wide trailer. Puts their trailer 1' over the line. If the load was insecure (which it was if the scaffolding came off the trailer) then what other shortcuts were taken? Lights on the trailer? Did they work? Bald tires on a trailer will help a trailer fishtail in rain. Even on a straight road. See if your insurance will supply a lawyer (not likely, but it is worth a shot.) Where a vehicle comes to rest after the fact has absolutely no bearing on the point of the accident. Get a good dash cam for all your vehicles.
Glad son is doing better, but GET HIM BACK ON THE HORSE A.S.A.P. Take him out to the scene and maybe that will help him recall what he is missing.

A dump run for today and I will NOT be taking my trailer load of junk. I refuse to haul my trailer in the snow (1991 date of manufacture). It is a M101CDN2 (U.S. equivalent M416) Canadian Army 1/4 ton trailer. A good little trailer, made for the Jeep and hides very well behind the Dodge.

Dump/town run for today and that will be it.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #188,439  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 4:30AM here in Orcutt, CA. Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 53F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Higher wind gusts possible.

Thanks for the link on windy driving tips, Drew. The VW Vanagon is a real handful in the wind, and I've been nearly blown off the road several times on motorcycles. So far the ProMaster seems better, but I've delayed trips before when strong winds were predicted. No fun.

Averaged about 12 MPG yesterday with about a ton in the van and maybe half again that in the trailer. Weight sux, too.

Mostly uneventful trip down here yesterday, except for forgetting to turn off traction control for the trip up the driveway. Still made it OK, but the van almost came to a stop near the top as the traction control cut the throttle to keep the front wheels from spinning. Arrived about 4PM, worked unloading the van until 8PM. Most of that was getting the pallet racks moved to the back porch, one piece at a time. My plan to use a dolly to move the hundred pound sheets of particle board worked well, though it was very awkward getting that first ratchet strap in place. By the time I came to the sixth and last sheet, it was a piece of cake. Over 10,000 steps yesterday, not bad for sitting behind the wheel for most of the day.
particleBoard.jpg

First thing I did yesterday when I got here was to bump up the temperature in the hot tub. I dropped it to 65F before I left last week, and it was still reading 72 when I got back. The new heater is supposed to do three degrees/hour, to it should be ready for a morning dip, which after last night wrestling match with the particle bard, aught to feel pretty darn good.

There are plenty of boxes to unpack this morning while waiting for the rain to ease up, then get started unloading the trailer. That's mostly shop equipment; the biggest challenge there will be finding the right spot for each piece. The garage is getting very full at this point.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!