Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,021  
I saw a video where the lights on the ship went out on two occasions when near the bridge then as it crosssed under the bridge the bridge collapsed. Looked very suspicious to me. I'm sure some interesting stotry will come out.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Get Well Soon!
The first video I posted, they left that part out. When I saw the longer youtube version it showed the ship losing power a couple times.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,022  
I saw a video where the lights on the ship went out on two occasions when near the bridge then as it crosssed under the bridge the bridge collapsed. Looked very suspicious to me. I'm sure some interesting stotry will come out.
It didn't go under the bridge before it hit the supports.
link

/ Good morning!!!! #188,023  
I watched a video earlier this morning that had commentary about the accident and watched the video I can't find that video now. It was a simple and somewhat factual account of what he could see happening on the video. The ship losing power, then regaining power then the coal plume coming up out of the stack as she is reversed at apparently full power, he also had some tracking video showing the boat reducing speed in the few seconds prior to impact and that the port anchor had been released. The tracking video was some public view of shipping almost like the aircraft tracking software available. Then the moment of impact with the piling on the edge of the channel.
Yep, this will be a sad thing to watch unfold over time as info comes in.

I got over $350 back from the CC rebate, and $117 from the membership rebate. So spent $120 and got $467 in rebates.
You are definately making the membership work for you. We have more CC's than we need. That's why I didn't get the Costco CC, but sounds like it's woth it.

Also reminded me how fragile our infrastructure is.
Absolutely. We have a lot of exposure. As underwriters might say.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,024  
It didn't go under the bridge before it hit the supports.
link
That video shows more than the one I saw first this morning. In the earlier one it looked like the ship sideswiped the support and crossed under the bridge which fell onto the ship. This shows a completely different view of what happend. This shows a direct hit. Thanks!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,025  
This is one of the videos I saw much earlier today, he has a couple of them for the incident.
Seems to be calm and fairly factual.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,028  
D8 sent us videos of the ship accident taken during the rescue attempts right after the accident. One of her friends were part of the rescue team.It showed significant damage to the bow of the ship on one side and containers in the water. Damage seems to be all above the waterline. A span of the bridge was resting on the bow of the ship

/ Good morning!!!! #188,029  
D8 sent us videos of the ship accident taken during the rescue attempts right after the accident. One of her friends were part of the rescue team.It showed significant damage to the bow of the ship on one side and containers in the water. Damage seems to be all above the waterline. A span of the bridge was resting on the bow of the ship
yeah, they weren't backing out of that one

I know that structural strength comes from many things but I would feel better, sort of, if only one span of that bridge fell down.
there may not be an inadequacy here but it sure didn't show sectional integrity.
Particularly for a bridge that has super heavies go under it and a big public highway.
might be different if it was just a train bridge

/ Good morning!!!! #188,030  
The train bridge would have been designed stronger due to higher loads concentrated 140000 pounds per car capacity

Very sad about the bridge and the loss of life prayers sent

Good Evening