Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,251  
Morning all!
Cold and windy today starting at 30 and only going up to 40! 22 mph winds will keep me indoors!
Never tried N.Shore roast beef sandwich.
Wife has a few errands to do today. Looks like I will probably play in the shop.

Health wise we are both ok. I'm having issues with my acid reflux again. Not sure what I ate to set it off! Usually takes a few days to get the system back to manageable. Have a doc meeting in April for my annual endoscopy. If it comes back clean they want to up it to every 3 years! Let's hope! Arthritis in my hands and neck is ramping up. Not sure if weather related. Cold and damp lately here.
Working on a few projects in the shop. Waiting for a special piece of wood I bought.
Guess that's it for now. Pic of a quick project I banged out for the upcoming holiday. Wife wanted one with no hair. Eyes will be added later when they come in.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!
Put a small piece of red string in the pipe to simulate burning tobacco.
IMG_7775.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,252  
I’ve ranted about property taxes before. A retired couple living in a million dollar house most likely doesn’t use the tax paid resources of a family of 4 living in a $200k house, definitely not 4 or 5xs.

Education and affordable housing seem to be the forever election issues, hence they will never get fixed. Here in Hawaii education budget is state funded, not local property taxes.

Here, something like 1/4 of the employees are in a government funded job. State law is once a government position hits the books that cost is mandated in the budget.

Last budget cycle included a significant property tax increase. RE taxes are tied to market value. Market values had gone up. Head of the county council tried to convince me that state laws mandate a balanced budget, hence the budget had to be increased to match the assessment increase, not the other way around.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,253  
good morning all
what a windy night, had to go turn heat up in greenhouse, all the heat was getting blown out of it
wind continues today
should be a nice sunny but windy day today, very Spring like.
will make my trip to TSC for propane, maybe pick up a little more potting mulch while I"m there.
all of these flowers that can't find a home will find them in a couple dozen leftover nursery plastic pots I have.
Going to fill them all up and then hose them down with Deer-Off.
otherwise likely I'm just filling up the buffet line for the deer.

forsythia is starting to show a little yellow, expect this week it may pop when it gets much warmer in a few days

Scaredy, nice to hear from you.

PJ, you too, but fantastic is good

Phil, don't light the poor guy's beard on fire!
your talents are remarkable, nice work

Monday morning, here we go again

/ Good morning!!!! #187,255  
each day from now on, for a while, gets longer by just under three minutes.
2 minutes and 40 seconds to be exact here.
In one month that's more than an hour of daylight.
all good
but I bet it's on some kind of curve

still dark out here at 6:30am
I would like light from 6am to 9pm.
then once it gets dark, you go to sleep.
wake up at 5.
I think I got my great grandfather's farmer genes,
up early, bed early.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,257  
Good morning, the low is 17 and going to a high of 37°F. Wind WNW 11 mph. Sunny.

This is the kind of spring I like. Just a slow and steady freeze thaw cycle. Nothing floods.

Today is a conserve energy day, I may call my dispatcher and give him the sad news.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #187,258  
32 going to 59 and windy again.

Wind knocked our power out last night while we were eating dinner...so it was by candlelight. Came back on in 15 minutes.

Tinhack, sorry you lost your mom...sounds like she gave and received a lot of love.

PJ, good to hear from you.

Sodamo, when our R/E assessment goes up, they most often lower the tax rate to reciprocate. County administration does a good fiscal management job. Tax rate is $0.81/$100 of value. This pays for schools, law enforcement, everything. No other taxes except annual fee for vehicles and boats. Very good schools. But, not enough parks, in my opinion.

Got in a dump run and a hike to the river yesterday...up high and all the creeks flowing fast.

Have a great 311 Day.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,260  
Son ran well Thursday night, but got beat. He improved his 800m time by 5 seconds, personal record. Competition getting tougher.

The church was having a garage sale. I bought this stainless cooktop, to hopefully make an outdoor cooker someday.

Congrats to your son. Shaving off 5 seconds is quite a feat.

Nice cooktop!