Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,611  
I did what I wanted for 10 years after sale of business in 1993 went back to work in 2003. Son picking school college very expendive or I might have stayed retired

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,613  
Good evening all. 62ºF for the start, overcast, moderate breeze. moderate wind with gusts over 20 mph, overcast with light drizzle at time, and high temp was 77ºF, which lot less than forecast (85ºF). Next 2 day well below normal after week of well above normal temps. Not much rain in forecast. Made coffee to start day, cleaned kitchen after cooking yesterday. Went for bike ride less wind than forecast :) Still can't login to work system.
David nice catch on the DeWalt tools. Hope you can get the new fridge in place soon. Enjoy your espresso.
Buppies sorry you are up so early. prayers sent.
Ron I was wearing shorts both yesterday and today. Hope you were able to work on gravel today. Not a cooperative subject in pic.
Drew hope the plants like the warm front.
Billy full day today. I know the roasting went well today.
Mike sorry about the PW causing soreness. Hope the mulching went well.
Thomas hope parts store time went quickly. What is the tractor towing?
RNG glad good trip south. Must be a good trip when the worst issue is straps coming loose. Move hand 180 degrees on steering wheel if you are turning in wrong direction. Whole lot of admin work to do.
Lou glad it was easy to clone laptop HD. Glad you are working smarter and hiring out the heavy lifting.
Scott(vt) hope the mailbox pole project went well. Sorry about the plow guys.
Gstrom that is a bigger temp swing than I going to experience.
Ken nice progress on the trim, that is slow work. Hope fixing mistake goes well. nice pic
Mike sorry about medical insurance problems.
Plowhog sorry you will be trapped on CA side. Glad snow pack will be near normal.
Buppies hope you recover strength quickly.
Dennis glad you got stove going and recovery was quick.
Frits interesting job. Glad Cody doing well sorry no news on seizure.
glad you could sleep in. Why fish snakes out of well?
Dennis thanks for Costco food review.
Dennis good to hear brother is helping you dad as well. Sorry about the water filter issues. nice pic
Paul nice bit. Sorry about the interruptions yesterday, hope better progress today.
David sorry about the rain. hope you start mowing soon.
Scott(vt) glad you could retire, sorry you had to supplement income for a while.
Mike sorry about all the false starts at retirement.
Ron sorry plan A at 55 didn't work.
Kyle sorry still not recovery well.
Scott(vt) post looking good.
Randy(wag) glad ear flushing worked. Amazine how the wine just shows up ;). Hope town day went well.
RS glad old fridge retired. Nice birds are starting to come back. Hope you get your agenda accomplished.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,614  
Good morning, the low is39 and going to a high of 46°F. Wind S 15 mph. T-storms that were in the forecast are here.

Bye, bye snow.

I slept in. Up at 08:45 hrs.

I don't count steps either.

I have been semi-retired for 12 years (only work 4-5 months/year).

I think I like winter better than summer. Okay, call me nuts but there are less bugs in winter and NO snakes.

One of my jobs this summer will be to take the plug off the dug well and fish the snakes out of it. I don't like snakes but somebody has to do it. These are only garter snakes and copper belly water snakes. The copper bellies are more aggressive, bordering on down right nasty when you fish them out.
In my neck of the woods there are no rattlers, so they say.
I have never seen a rattle snake in the Province of Ontario. I have seen them in Alberta when I worked there.

I have the Dewalt cordless grease gun and a Husquvarna (sp) chainsaw.

As for what I am going to do today?
N o t h i n g. It is raining out.

Have a safe day all
Holy smokes, Bill – snakes in your well? Don’t they contaminate it?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,615  
Was thinking maybe a non visible link that when clicked took them to your site instead of allowing to copy.
I joined another site today that is focused on the topic of
IMG_4289.png
many of my historical posts regarding the old railroad that ran past our farm. Seems the local historian back home has already shared many of my posts from my site to this site, so I guess they passed muster. Tonight as I was going thru this new site, I found posts detailing some of the things it took me a long time to figure out. It could have saved me a lot of work had I known about this site earlier.
This pic has me at the old train tunnel near our farm in 1965. Tunnel dug by hand in 1877. My mom rode a train thru this tunnel in 1931 before the RR shut down. I last was in the tunnel in 1986, as the ends were about caved in then. I have yet to find anyone who has pictures from inside this tunnel, other than me. The old train guys love these kind of pictures. Here is inside
19860329_0021_OH_standingstonetunnel.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,616  
Helo, sounds like you really gave that chain saw a work out the other day ! I’m getting tired just reading about it ! 😂

Probably got tired because of messy way I am writing. 😁

Helo nice job on cutting the trees. The trailer with crane is the right tool for sure
The 545 and 261 are very similar chainsaws. The old 261 that I am ditching is a lot heavier but using Magnesium alloys have made them lighter.

Son was admitted to the VA hospital yesterday. Had visit by a couple of the grand kids and friends yesterday. Always interesting to talk to them and see what they are into

Nice to hear about your son.
How your D is doing ?

I was looking what pro guys are buying here. Those, who need new 1k€ saw every year. Got feeling that now industrial logging companies goes more for Husqvarna

~~~~~~~~~

yesterday and today ~ 4 ... 6 C (~ 42 F), and really heavy fog.

Yesterday morning early have made rather chill 2 1/2 h road trip to "grey" Tesla garage, to get new heater. Finally that is addressed ! But was rather exhausting experience. Guys there are really smart and skilled, but all treats what customers can have is (rather dirty) wooden chunk to sit on. 😁 Literally.
And of course - repaired car. 😁
But still - 5 h looking trough windshield. First half of this - without heater
Rant off

Now have brought one son to dentist. Hope they will close well story

Later have to do not-so-long roadtrip with new sales guy, introduce him to existing customers, boost confidence for him

That's about it, have a nice day !

/ Good morning!!!! #186,617  
57 breezy drizzle occasionally

Up again early lots of pain head and neck hard to sleep but I feel better body does not feel like it’s battling itself.

Maybe try to get more sleep

/ Good morning!!!! #186,618  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 54° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 26° with cloudy skies and high winds. Yesterday high temperature was 71°. Is it still February. Got gravel cleanup along county road. Helped neighbor move more wood pieces to burn pile. Little after midnight a thunderstorm moved through my area. Woke me up. Thunder shook the house. Never went back to sleep. Going to need a nap before day is over.
o5Fe6nd.jpg

Buppies, hope you get more sleep.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.