Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,621  
good morning all
surprisingly warm morning, low 50s headed to 60 in rain all day and windy tonight.
.20 on rain gauge so far.

running some errands this morning, will stop over at brothers, want to see his new C8, well not quite
new, a 2022. He likes yellow, this one is grey with yellow on hood, not my choice but I'm sure it will be fun to drive in. He has had a Z06 before and found
it was too powerful, hard to argue with a stock 3 second 0 to 60. I think this is his fifth or sixth Corvette.
his wife was on his case, I hear you groan every time you get in car, now what?
I smiled at my brother and said yeah, but that's a groan with a resulting aaaahhhhhhhh.

Attachments

• c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • c8a.jpg
    c8a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
   / Good morning!!!! #186,622  
Well an early morning to all,
Headache woke me up a couple of hours ago, came out to the living room and sat in recliner after a couple of aspirin. Having my first cup of coffee now. 51F heading for 58F this afternoon after hitting 62F yesterday afternoon. But back down tonight to 21F with a forecast high tomorrow of 30F, then climbing back up for mid 50 highs for the next week. With some rain last night and today, so nice and soggy and muddy.
Not sure what I'll get into today, need to look for a hydraulic seal kit for the farm, not impressed with New Holland/CIH price of $308 just for one seal kit.
Every one stay or get healthy.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,623  
   / Good morning!!!! #186,624  
Good morning, 56 going to 61 today rain in the FC

Wife’s birthday today 78 years. Usually on last day of February but one more day this year with leap year.

Helo, hope the heater keeps working. D called last night and talked for more than two hours. She gets so exited about what she is doing. New thing was team building session for 30 senior people she had organized and held yesterday. She used her skills in conflict resolution to pivot into current issues in the organization. Very successful it sounds like. She brought in a facilitator to help and had spent a lot of time organizing it before hand. See the below video about the facilitator and the way she thinks about it.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,625  
m70, Happy Birthday to your wife!

BEF interesting story about the Ohio farm and train tunnel. I'd love to see your FB pix, but not a member.

Lou, hope headache eases away with that coffee.

Kyle, get well...that basketball goal needs your 3 pointers.

Saw lots of violets blooming yesterday while doing some old fashion firewood splitting by maul...the rounds were too heavy to bring up to the gas powered splitter. Also brought in some dried firewood to the porch counting on another cold spell and snow in March.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,626  
Today is 'into town' day, first for a coffee get-together with the local Veterans followed by my weekly Senior Discount grocery shopping.
We have a senior discount every Monday at the grocery store (Randall's). The discount is 10% which makes the store prices in line with the other grocery store (HEB). Since Randall's is the closest grocery store near this retirement neighborhood it is crowded on Mondays.

Good morning! 63˚ when I woke up, now it is 55˚ and dropping. Strong North wind and we are under a wind advisory with North gust up to 45mph. The temp will be in the low 50s all day.

PT is continuing on the shoulder. No real progress because nothing has been done to correct the problem - bone spur. This is just an example of the insurance company directing medical treatment through their denial of coverage on procedures when it should be left to the doctor.

I impressed the sign language teacher yesterday by picking up small quick finger spelling on a video he showed. I can usually pick out about half the letters and with context can figure out the word. I still cannot finger spell as fast as other people.

I do not do Facebook either. How many on Facebook here?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,627  
59 outside this AM, heading to upper 60's. Unfortunately rain is in the area and expected most of the day.

Not much accomplished yesterday, moving furniture around and restacking stuff inside the house. That took the better part of the day.

Not much on the agenda this AM either...odd.

I do Facebook. But it is limited to family and real people friends. I belong to one group, an Old House group. I never post to the group. I do like watching Market Place. My wife has scored some pieces from it. TBN is my social outlet and I don't post a lot of info on here other than whining and complaining about stuff.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,628  
Holy smokes, Bill – snakes in your well? Don’t they contaminate it?
This is the dug well. Shallow, about 20' deep. Used it for watering the garden and washing vehicles. The drilled well is what we use for food and showers and all that, it is 176' deep.

Temperature is 45 and that is the high for today. Wind SE 11 gusting to 17 mph. Showers or freezing rain. Somehow I don't think it will be FR.

Yesterdays' T-storms brought hail as well. It sounded good on my steel roof. The cats didn't like it. They were all in the basement, hiding.

Junior informed me at 11 A.M. that he had a quack appointment at 13:30 hrs. Nothing 'wrong' just his quarterly checkup because of the dope he is on.

My social media accounts are as follows: TBN
I don't do FB.

Not much on my plate for today, probably 'medicate' my knee, watch some u-tube and call it good.

Have a safe day all

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,629  
Frits, dignity assumes civilized relations
religious zealots and nationalist crazies simply don't care
really a do onto others as you would have them do onto you, with equal dignity.

I cannot imagine what is was like to be a slave. So much of human history involves enslaving others all around the world.
No dignity there at all.

trying to find common ground with folks who historically have simply hated each other is no easy task.
human dignity is a good common ground.

I ordered some more flower seeds. Pollinators mostly, have a spot I want to put them
might be just producing a one time smorgasbord for the deer

/ Good morning!!!! #186,630  
Good Morning!!!! 42F @ 4:30AM. Partly cloudy skies. High 67F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Looks like a major winter storm headed into California Thursday through the weekend, with many feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains and reaching elevations as low as 1000' in the foothills. Big wind, too. I plan to sit this one out down here in Orcutt.👍🏻

I probably have spent too much time on Facebook, but it does help me keep track of friends and a few hobbies. I worry a lot about online privacy, so I don't end up posting much outside of the hobbies.

Had to update credit card info with a couple dozen businesses yesterday, and also changed my address. Got started gathering insurance quotes, but was interrupted by a couple friends dropping by to say hello. They were kind enough to help unload the van and trailer, making the process a whole lot less stressful and painful. We celebrated briefly with a few sips of scotch and Bourbon🥃. One was visiting from Reno and traveling by motorcycle, so he'll be trying to beat the storm over the mountains today.

Got some cabinets and shelves to put up on the walls before I can do much unpacking, and more time wasted chasing insurance quotes this morning.

Happy Hump Day, folks...