Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,061  
33 outside right now. Heading to 40. Looks like that snow missed us. Ok by me. Last weather hyped report at 11PM was calling for anywhere between 2 and 6 inches.

We got less than an inch, a dusting. No shovel needed.

Will start with the Milk House again this AM, mud and waterproofing on the agenda.

Hope all have a great weekend, be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,062  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

35.6T going to mid 40s, windy damp day, sun allegedly coming out later.

took a bit of time off from Teh InterWebz, Mrs is getting over her cold, spent a lot of time on the sofa watching this weird soap opera the last two days, waiting to see if Jerry Springer makes a guest appearance…

tok today off from work, local Ag Extension is having a class on shiitake mushrooms, I have several fresh oak logs loaded up in the vehicle already — that should be fun!

still have avoided working on taxes, but not for much longer — a batch of 1099 documents have finally arrived, so I reallynhave no excuse to put it off any longer. . .
i now have double-digit pages of GM to catch up on - i hope I can do that before it becomes triple-digit!

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,063  

one of the interesting consequences of the war in the Ukraine is the theater
going on with the superyachts of the Russian oligarchs. They have been impounded, they have raced out in the middle
of the night (Putin's yacht) to safe ports, they are tracked obsessively by lots of folks all over the world.
They turn off their AIS transponders frequently to not be tracked.
probably the best YT channel who stays on top of this is this guy, who I have watched for several years.
his videos of ships in the world's fanciest harbors like Monaco are fun to watch.
but you likely need to be into boats.

I think several of these huge yachts (300-450 feet long) have been impounded, several up for sale.
Some just go from foreign port to foreign port. I like the fact Putin's yacht has a drone jammer.
have to wonder what that does to the captain's bridge instruments...

old Amish saying of when you lay with dogs you get fleas
these oligarchs all have a lot of fleas on them
they would say this is our system, have to play the game
it always gets back to greed.
Anyone who has a 450 foot yacht is all about ego.

just like the alpha silverback gorilla pounding on his chest

I always liked the mafia approach. Be very quiet, speak softly, carry a big stick/persuader.
Except for Gotti, few liked the limelight. Russian oligarchs really like their flashy things.
of course look at our US tech billionaires; some of them have multiple huge yachts.
as a boater, who like most has had twofootitis, going larger is usually a good thing.

146 trillion dollars a year of world gnp; lot of opportunity for folks to get very wealthy

I guess if they sign up for this, they should have whatever size boat they want...
note the countries involved, or not
And we get to pay the upkeep on all those mega yachts while they are impounded

/ Good morning!!!! #186,064  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct, 20 to start going to 32 ! We got about 9 or 10” of snow yesterday! The wet heavy stuff ! Bright and sunny out there but pretty cool ! Kathleen wants me to grill steaks tonite, so I need to clear part of the deck to get to the grill ! 😉

Scootr, happy birthday to your dad ! Got some serious longevity there ! My Pop made it to just shy of 94 and they were married 71 years ! So a pretty good run !

When I came home last Friday after working my one day, Kathleen tells me she can’t change the channels on the TV ! So I Googled Dish support and called the number that came up ! In actuality I was connected to a third party firm that tries to recruit new customers into a contract for Direct TV and AT&T ! I didn’t realize I wasn’t talking to a DISH representative!! So to make a long story short, we were on the path to getting scammed ! It ended up all I needed to do were to replace the batteries in the remote ! 😳 We have since signed up for Life Lock ! When I finally did get a DISH representative on the phone, he told me that this outfit was putting their phone number into Google under DISH ! 😳 We have had Direct TV and didnt like it ! We ended up putting a fraud alert on our CC ! I’m sorry I fell for this whole thing ! So beware !

Hope all have a great day ! 🙏
We are very happy to have ditched DirecTV and have a Roku on StarLink.

i haven’t even thought to check in quite a LOOONG time…
IMG_8742.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,066  
Sorry you had to go through all that and not have it fixed on top of that.

In his texts prior to banning me he said a few things such as:

I am responsible
I will take care of it
Plan is to strip pond back down dump clay on it ,pack it, add mesh liner
Can't do the work until warmer and ground not saturated.
don't have time for your harassment
Your calls cause financial harm

County said:

Permit for pond was issued 1988
No changes can be made without new permit
Cost of engineering for water flow and pipe 15K
No dirt can be added to raise berm. Violation involving MDOE and fines
County has asked me to call if he adds dirt to the berm
Could take a long time because Department of Environment works slow legally

Somehow he thinks he does not need a permit and I am the bad guy if he is called for it

He also expects me to live with it until he decides to fix it

So let him try to fix it and call in MDOE if it fails or
Call in now and report it
and let him go through the new permit process?
Why wait? Sounds like he is going to have excuses in the warm weather, too.

do you have a local news outlet that does something like this? 7 On Your Side | Consumer Reports | WABC

/ Good morning!!!! #186,067  
And we get to pay the upkeep on all those mega yachts while they are impounded
most of this is overseas and at least one yacht has been sold.
have to keep skeleton crew aboard, hugely expensive to maintain when the owner stops
paying for it
I'm sure not losing any sleep for any of these folks

/ Good morning!!!! #186,068  
hey boss, can we stay in today?
it doesn't look so nice out there
could you turn the heat up and can we
have a little more light?
thanks a lot

yo, I could use a little water here.
Me too!
IMG_2889[1].JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #186,070  
most of this is overseas and at least one yacht has been sold.
have to keep skeleton crew aboard, hugely expensive to maintain when the owner stops
paying for it
I'm sure not losing any sleep for any of these folks
Just because it is overseas does not mean we aren’t paying for it… there is one in Fiji and it is costing us around $7mil a year…