Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,703  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct, 34 to start going to 46 ! Sounds like clouds moving in later ! Event with the Grands went well, kids had a great time !

Don, beautiful addition to your top shelf, Phil nicely done as usual ! Actually did some turning work on the legs yesterday, and hope to wrap it up on Monday, because we are getting a snow storm on Tuesday! And would like to have my truck in the garage!

Drew, nice looking heater, hopefully that works out !

Rich, just love those vintage motor cycles! Nice pics !

Church this morning at 10, really miss the 7 am service !

So glad we stayed on north shore and not in the Honolulu jungle.
Dennis, we also enjoyed the north shore ! We rented a house with two other couples for the first week !

Hope all have a blessed day and some football later ! 🙏 🏈

/ Good morning!!!! #185,704  
36F cloudy more degrees should be the high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Been averaging 8-12 turkeys daily this morning 48 turkeys. :oops:
Plans for today...wheelbarrow load in basement,may try clean up bigger limbs and branch if the snow not to deep,might make critter food run also sneak nap in,watch last game of the football season.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,707  
Good Morning.
It’s 42° and grey outside. High in the low 50’s and peeks of sunshine later. Yesterday was pretty much the same.

Yesterday I pulled the progressive mower around to the shop and removed the rear deck and the drive lines to all the decks.
Ive got to pull all the drive shafts apart and clean them up so that they will slide freely, as well as replace a few sloppy u-joints.

The mower deck needs to be repaired where it is rusting through. Of course that involves removing the gear box and spindles. Two out of three spindles are sloppy and need to be rebuilt as well. I’ll have to check the spindles on the other decks as well. But first things first, I’ll get the rear one patched up and back together before attacking the others.

I made a stainless plate to repair the area where the spindles and gearbox mount, I’m going to make a few more plates to repair other areas, and then weld them all in.

IMG_2449.jpg

In between working on the mower, I managed to do a bit of RC flying, and we went out to dinner with the whole family to celebrate oldest son’s birthday. We went to a Japanese place the is known for their sushi, fortunately for me they had duck, and scallions wrapped with strip steak for an appetizer, as I’m not a fan of seafood.

Today I’ll attack the spindles, hopefully I have the parts. I bought two of these mowers from a sod farm that stopped growing sod, and they came with a skid of spare parts. I sold one of the mowers and kept all of the parts. There is a tub full of u-joint crosses and bearings, hopefully there’s spindle bearings in there.
I’ve got to make some cardboard templates for the other patches I need, and clean up the rust with a needle scaler and vacuum.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,708  
good morning

49 going to 55 chance of light rain

Very mild temps. Had a nice walk with Cody. Zion is recovering from Giardia.

Calling SIL today. She is struggling with bladder cancer treatments and now Wet AMD

Agenda is open today. Maybe a drive and want to get up in the barn now the temperatures are so mild. Ruined a chain on the Makita chainsaw when it jumped off the bar and got twisted up. Got an extra chain and also now have a spare bar should it be needed

The round church in Riga.......

327dff5e-865a-4193-9084-1a6ab99f0c07.jpg
6820d2cb-2649-43fd-8431-c41d8de02a92.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #185,709  
Morning all, 44 going to 61 and cloudy.
Spent some time wandering around outside yesterday, finishing the garden prep, a little cleanup etc.
Then off to see band son is in play in North Philly, then take him to Valentine Cabaret thingy at high school, then out to dinner and return to pick up son to go home.

Dinner, even with a mess of pills did not go well for me afterwards :-(

Son off to Girlfriends later for Superbowl and us to North NJ/NY to my cousins. 2 hours each way, but great to see them and their friends who I have known since I was a little kid.

Happy birthday to your son PopGadget!

Be well,

Son plays bass, band lead is the singer. Very different than the other band he is in.
Son sang one song and his vocal range is vastly improving.
20240210_152622.jpg

This guy passed through a few weeks ago when we had some snow on the ground.
Not much snow this year, calling for some Tuesday, we'll see.
Buck_jumpIMG_0627.JPG