Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,721  
Good Afternoon Guys,
Thomas have you ever tried Bays muffins?
Buppies, with a name like Thomas, it must be hard to go with another brand ! ;) :D :cautious:
Scott, unfortunately I didn't tell the wife.... but got ratted out by the GS..... so, yes, I am being scorned.
Ted, I know the feeling well my friend !;)

/ Good morning!!!! #185,722  
My wife used to yell at me to get rid of them, looked like a bum, etc.
but this way I can crawl around on the ground or on the garage floor and not worry about ruining the good stuff.
I get some good work shirts at GoodWill occasionally. Usually $5 or so. Sometimes I wind up liking one or two enough I wear them when I go somewhere with the wife. When she realizes it she always shakes her head and laughs.

I had a LLBean chamois shirt one time, almost never wore it out, think I 'outgrew' it. It was really too hot to wear much in our climate down here but once it got broken it it was really comfortable. I ordered it along with a pair of shoes that I still have over 30 years ago. Their stuff was better back then. I bought a shirt at the Freeport store and it's a favorite.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,723  
We have a low 60's windy day here. Got over an inch of rain over last two days. But the Piney Woods got drenched. Creeks were full all over. Some reports of road culverts washing out in rural areas. Lots of street flooding in some towns. Good thing it did not continue overnight.

Kenmbz - sounds like a busy day for you. Have fun!

Popgadget - that mower is looking nice!

M7040 - great pics of the church!

BEF - glad you had a relaxing trip to HI, make it back safely!

LS - enjoy the snow!

daugen - lawn mowers looking good, spounds like you are looking forward to mowing grass!

Buppies - sounds like you are feeling better!

Kilroy - getting tempted to check out those Bay's muffins. A picture might help.

Have a great day and if you are watching the SB I hope your team wins!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,724  
Good Morning!!!! 57F @ 10:15AM. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 62F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Wow, nice job on that sweet little ride, Rich!

That's an oldie but goodie, Don.

I have a pile of old clothes to take to a developmentally disabled thrift shop, Drew. Have a few sport coats and a suit I should take in, too, but I paid to much for them to let go.

Raising the hanging shelf wasn't as bad a job as I had thought, doing one end at a time and lifting it with a 4x4 post and a long pry bar. I was pretty nervous working under it, though, and it was a PITA to unload all the boxes from it first. But it's done and now there's room for both cabinets. Still need to get them up on wood blocks in case the floor gets wet.

Got the equipment unloaded from the trailer, and learned that the front wheels come off the pressure washer a little to easily. Had to use the same pry bar and blocks to lift the front up and reattach them, several times. The new rope winch was just the ticket for controlling the descent down the ramp. I was getting tired after that and wacked my forehead on the drop gate header again, so that was it for the day. Didn't break anything, but I had a headache the rest of the evening.

Got a nice phone call from my bulldozer buddy up north as he drove his Walmart big rig down I5 from Oregon. He and his wife are doing well and are almost done with the house remodel. They've been at it for a couple years now, and it's turning out beautifully. The call was interrupted several times by alarm bells and buzzers in the truck, mostly triggered by car drivers pulling in too close. He said it drives him crazy, but also keeps him more alert. Now I understand better why truckers get even more upset when someone cuts them off in traffic.

Someone from Facebook Marketplace is supposed to come over this afternoon and pick up the trampoline. Fingers crossed they don't flake out. Other than that, just more unloading and unpacking on the agenda.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #185,725  
39F and mostly cloudy @ 14:00 with the occasional peeks of Sun. Calling for a high of 43F for the day.

Yesterday ended up being a mostly "energy conservation" day.

Although The Woman was very busy edu-ma-cating Herself on the new dishwasher and had "questions". Lots of questions ... :rolleyes:

While I was fairly impressed with the fit and finish of the new appliances, one area I think Whirlpool Corporation could improve would be the quality of the documentation. Kinda looks like they cheaped out (non-glossy paper), and it looks like they tried to cover too many different models (with different features and options) ... which made things a little confusing for those of us in the geriatric crowd.

We got Her sorted out though and got the dishwasher loaded for its first load (after She more or less washed everything that was going in it ... :LOL:) ... and put the soap and rinse aid in and fired it up.

It's a 5 cycle dishwasher, with three "Soil" cycles (Pro Wash with Soil Sensing, Tough, Normal) and two "Express" cycles (Express Wash and Rinse Only) which don't use a heated dry.

Wish it had the option to set heat dry on or off for all the cycles ... :(

Supposedly one of the "new features" on these units is that the soil cycles use less water but wash longer (over 3 hours for a load) - something I have no issue with, as water usage is potentially an issue in drought-prone areas with dense populations. But it sure would be nice to be able to set the heated dry on or off for each cycle.

I had been keeping out water heater cranked up pretty high (150F+ ?) to avoid the possibility of legionella, but recently set it back to the "normal" setting on the heater to avoid us scalding ourselves. Might have to look into installing point-of-use tempering valves.

It's been my experience that dishes washed/rinsed with hot water will dry very rapidly via condensation, especially during the heating season when the indoor air is drier.

At any rate, the Express Wash cycle - which does use more water (and energy ?) - ran for over 30 minutes and once it was done The Woman announced that it had done a fine job !

After that I got some Cascade dishwasher pods and rinse aid ordered from Amazon, along with cat treats, a new KitchenAid pizza cutter, and probably a couple years worth of Spray-N-Wash refills ... because The Woman was complaining that She can't find the refills at the two grocery stores She normally shops at (Wally World only apparently)

The rest of the day was spent ensuring the couch did not float away.

Hopefully today will go a little better.

She's planning on watching the SB, I'm planning on getting back into the kitchen ... still have to remove the protective film on the crisper drawers along with cleaning out the inside of the new 'frig.

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #185,726  
RS when we built St Louis house floors were finished baseboard to baseboard, then cabinets installed.

Thanks for the report on that ... (y)

Think that is the route I'd prefer to go but will have to see.

Sorry about light, how many hours per day is it on?

It's only on when someone is out there ... so it doesn't get all that much use ... especially when compared to the kitchen lights ... which are probably on 12+ hours per day.

Sorry about former neighbor's passing and loss of frat brother's daughter.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,727  
RS, when we built this cottage, I ran the hardwood floor under the cabinets, fully in the bathroom and laundry. Only about 6" under the front of the cabinets, and scrap hardwood under the backs. The range area is also fully covered.

Thanks !

Hardwood flooring is something we are strongly considering, also looking at Strand-woven Bamboo as well (being a slightly cheaper but very durable option ?)

Need to do a close inspection, but I think the existing laminate in the eating area is in much better shape than the cooking/sink area ... so was considering leaving that and only reflooring the side of that kitchen where it's really bad.

Woman's first impression of that idea was that She doesn't think that will look good. Have to see.

Hope Max is doing better ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #185,729  
RS, having been in your kitchen, I agree with your wife.
you are only going to do this once, might as well have it all match.
your gold plated invitation to the poorhouse is in the mail. ;)
If we get a vote I vote for to replace the entire kitchen floor. If it docent quite look right after partial floor replacement you loose big time.

The soup of the day on souper bowl Sunday is White Bean/Fennel. After soup, the construction of the Super Bowl Jicama Nacho plate. Nacho photo coming soon.
IMG_3003.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #185,730  
RS, having been in your kitchen, I agree with your wife.

Great minds ?

you are only going to do this once, might as well have it all match.

OTOH, visual design is all about the interplay of contrasts …

your gold plated invitation to the poorhouse is in the mail. ;)

LOL … sheet vinyl or linoleum remains an option.

It was in there before the laminate and with no (or few) seams it’s pretty much spill proof … short of a complete flood.

The only real issue we had with it was that it was light-colored and the seal coat from the driveway asphalt discolored it over time.

Got to remember to take those shoes off.