Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,661  
close friend with nice 2019 F150 XLT took new to him truck back to dealer
for engine oil leak on Ecoboost. Valve cover leak, turns out the valve cover is cracked.
Plastic. Cracked plastic. I wonder how much they saved by using plastic.
have no idea if oem cracking or some mechanic overtightened it during some repair.
likely the latter.

solid finned polished aluminum would be nice...
if you were given the option to have all metal in your engine instead of plastic
for a hundred bucks more, would you say yes? But we don't get that option.
I understand certain parts like chain tensioners work better/quieter with plastic parts.
plastic is lighter and cheaper and that makes the bean counters happy.

now you get this humongous plastic engine cover that hides the snake pit of stuff inside
but as long as the car owner can find the windshield washer tank fill, that's all anyone cares
about underneath. We don't even get oil dipsticks any more.

very hard to find a modern car with a good looking engine. 5.0 liter Fords always at least tried to look nice.
Corvettes tried a little, Even BMW has covered their engines for a long time. So much tubing and so much going on they just want to cover it
all up like everyone else.

When Scootr pops the hood on his Cobra, he knows he has a real engine in there and he can identify all the parts.
try doing that on a modern engine.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,662  
SNOW! Yes, it finally arrived! Coming down at a good amount since around 06:00. 4-8" expected. Very glad we finally are getting moisture, but wish it was rain. Maybe it will turn to rain, currently 28°, supposed to go up to 36°.

Yesterday, just before I was going to go out to the shop, went to put a cooler back in the RV compartment. Stepped back hitting the bad knee backwards on the step..... Arse over teacups I went.... twisted the lower back / hip area. Pain persisted until bedtime, especially the hip. No bruising this morning and it feels much better.... dodged a bullet for sure!

Ken, sounds like great progress towards completion.

Mike, don't have too much fun putting up the durock. Hopefully the sheets aren't the 4'x8' ones....

Dennis, enjoying your pics. You're busy for sure! You might need another vacation!

Drew, great that the plants spent a night out there. They are looking good! The new propane heater should keep it even better for them.
Do you have a propane supplier nearby? We get our tanks from them. TSC wanted $130 for a 100#, the supplier sells them for $89. I get 40# tanks from them for $48. Might want to check around.

Not sure if anything else besides clearing walkways of snow will happen today. Maybe a good day to search out programs on the Roku. That would be a deep dive for sure! Lots and lots of programs.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,664  
64°F and .04 rain

Seems my motivation took a break and didn’t seem to return after the fridge/freezer incident. Nothing major accomplished. A better day today?

Glad your fire didn’t turn major, Drew

Parker Ranch is a major player here in Waimea. Paniolo country, complete with rodeos.

Heart skipped a beat when the news reported that small jet crash. Fortunately not our favorite pilot.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #185,665  
25F and clear, headed to 40F in Beautiful Northern Nevada.

Will be off to CA today as soon as it gets light. Hope the storm damage is minimal.

Thomas we are in the opposite situation. Need more snow. I learned last night the Sierra snowpack is 2/3 of normal for this time of year. Next major storm is due in about a week, so maybe we will keep slowly catching up.
Well, I hope you get plenty of snow.

That is not something I have ever wished on anyone before.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,666  
Fun thing is - actually today anyone can rent this. If you want to hold TBN meeting there - welcome 😁
Not sure how big $ you have to spend for night. For sure it's not cheap
That is pretty amazing.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,669  
sweet peas doing well. I always thought that was a cute name, will give a little pot of them to an 8 year old grandniece
they are supposed to smell nice.
I bet she will love those!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,670  
Yesterday, just before I was going to go out to the shop, went to put a cooler back in the RV compartment. Stepped back hitting the bad knee backwards on the step..... Arse over teacups I went.... twisted the lower back / hip area. Pain persisted until bedtime, especially the hip. No bruising this morning and it feels much better.... dodged a bullet for sure!
Sorry to read about this! Hope everything goes well!