Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,871  
sad news about Missy. We lost our Sandy about a year and a half ago and it still sucks.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,872  
The 340 was quite a step up from the C's
Super C was 26 HP, similar to a 200 or 230.
The 340 was 47 HP even the 240 was 34 HP.

I never used one of the C's but I do recall the 340 being a snotty little tractor.
The 400 had more power but the little 340 was quicker.

Edited this to add;
Back around the late 50's early 60's we (my father) rented a 340 while our Allis WD was being overhauled and made into a WD45. At that time we had 2 tractors on the farm the Allis Chalmers WD and the Farmall 400. With the WD down we needed a second tractor to be able to complete the field work in a decent time. It was a good little tractor but when the WD came back to use it was stronger then the 340, it was just a year or two when the 560 came to the farm giving us 3 tractors.
Now the farm has over a dozen.
I used my 340 for mowing and baling hay. Also did lots work of other projects with it. Never needed a major repair. I Would bet that it is still being used today.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,873  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly…).

42.1F not going up much more…rain later turning to”wintry mix” overnight.

Work was uneventful, which was nice.

i keep apples and oranges in a hanging basket on the side porch, the single-digit temps did a job on them,#9 I made applesauce out of them (yes,t he oranges went in too, along with some raisins, cinnamon, and ginger). It came out pretty good, and salvaged almost ten pounds of apples.

last night, I took about a quart of the sauce and put it in a Dutch oven with a 3lb boneless pork loin and baked it for 4 hours at 300 and it came out amazingly good! It just needs a little salt when serving. How good is it? Mrs said she might have some for breakfast..😁👍 essentially it was pork poached in applesauce.

Church in a little bit, first coffee. ”Warm” spell is ending, so the four days of no woodstove are ending, the HVAC is starting to run a bit more often, and I need to start cooking down the last sap harvest, so Fire will be made after church. Time to start organizing the piles of paper to feed Uncle Sam . . . Just the thing to make a dreary wet nasty day complete 😂🤣.

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,874  
Rain stopped but neighbors pond overflowing on our driveway

IMG_3164.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #184,875  
Drew, on your greenhouse, you could get some 4x4s and 2x6s and make a floor for it. You could also anchor it to the floor. Also drive a couple of 4x4s at opposite corners to anchor the floor to the ground. Did that with ours and other than taking the cover off in winter it held up well. Don't like swinging a hammer you say? Well screw it down.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,876  
Good Morning Guys,
Deerfield Beach, 71 to start going to 84 ! Looks like another nice sunny day before a cool front moves in tomorrow !

Last night we made a nice salad at the apartment and then ordered a meat livers pizza from Umbertos up the street then we found a vacant table at the beach and had a little picnic ! 😁

Looks like more rain is impacting the north east, so hopefully no puddles in our basement ! 🙏

Hope all have a blessed and safe day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #184,877  
Good morning,
34° now, highs in the mid 30’s will be about it for today. Rain and snow this morning turning to all snow for the afternoon and overnight and done by morning. Guessers are now saying 3-6” heavy wet stuff, my vote is 0”.

Not much planned for today, maybe go through the seeds we have and see what we need to buy. May also check out some greenhouse sites online.
Drew you are a bad influence 😁

RS sorry about your kitty, never easy.

Stay safe and healthy everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #184,878  
Good Morning!!!! 52F @ 5:00AM. A mix of clouds and sun. High 77F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
It was a really nice day yesterday, but the closest I got to outside was a quick trip to the mail box.

Thanks for sharing that video, Drew. I wonder how much longer that situation will last. Long enough that they'll start using convoys like in WWII?

But that video took me down the YouTube rabbit hole where I found this. I played with Estes powered rockets in my youth, but this gal's efforts take it to a whole new level...

Most of the day was spent in the garage, traipsing up and down the stairs, schlepping stuff from the mezzanine down onto the hopefully cooler hanging shelves. It was surprisingly hot in the mezzanine, enough so that I sweat completely through the t-shirt and lined jeans I was wearing. I also wrestled four 4'x8' sheets of chip board that came off the old garage partition up into the attic, that maybe next winter I'll use for flooring up there. That was enough that I almost quit for the day, but after a water break somehow managed to keep going until dinner time. And still didn't get schlepped all that needs schlepping.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend...