Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,362  
Good evening all. 20ºF for the start, 6ºF windchill, clear sky, light breeze. Moderate wind with some stronger gusts, some cloudiness later in day, and high temp was 31ºF. Start coffee and the insert to start day. Made some progress on estate paperwork, almost ready for lawyer, worked home paperwork, still some catching up to do. Got the tire changed on the trek, chain cleaned and lubed, the owner parked after 250 miles of gravel riding without cleaning it :(. Got it in the stationary stand and got a short ride in. Then the fun police stepdaughter warned of the evils of working out too hard before over virus :( No bike ride tomorrow, too cold.
Thursday morning 8:28 AM posts:
Paul I don't worry about BTU efficiency, I don't pay for my wood. A friend has acreage close by and he wants the wood gone. So for about 30 hours of chainsaw and splitting work I get to tinker with fire, and keep heat pump off most of the day :)
RNG glad you made it ok. Having towed the boat to Bull Shoals, 400 mile over half in the Ozarks, it slows you down, guzzles more gas and more pee stops :(
Drew will be interesting to see your route back to PA.
RNG I hear you on the droning voice. Tried audio books but too many were shorten from the print version.
David sorry about the ongoing struggle with the algae.
Ted sorry about your snow blower experience. Hope you got the shelves stained.
Phil thanks for the finish and wood questions.
Two_bit got cold here again, barely out of the freezing mark today, not much better tomorrow.
Bill that is a fuel efficient tractor. Yes I think you won the lottery on the BOM stock.
Dennis thanks for the details on car. Glad you got extra when you got the Chinese :)
Drew it was good, had the rest of it today. :) Good to hear ice melt worked.
Ted sorry about the pulled muscle, prayer sent for it's healing. Nice o hear wind has slowed down.
Randy(wag) good to hear loo situation is solved. 55+ is nice size party, hope prep goes well.
David good to hear you found a program that will work for your situations.
David that is an old shrinkwrap is it floppies or CD?
Bill nice dinner.
PJ glad you can make when you can. Hope cold snap does not last long, ours will be gone by Monday.
Scotty my BIL does some nice grill work with tri-tip marinade and a charcoal grill.
Two_bit glad it is warm somewhere in Texas.
Friday morning posts 12:38 AM CST.
Scaredy glad you are hanging in there, Good luck with getting a awd SUV.
NHBX have fun with snow control if needed. Hope wife opted for lunch.
Ron have fun playing with the snow. Tat is a big beautiful woodpecker. Not surprised appetite to match.
Drew thanks for reaching out to helos.
Drew I agree you should run the blower.
Dennis maybe waitress didn't want to see you since it wasn't Sunday ;) Chili for supper sounds good.
Thomas I need more kindling and too lazy to split it :( Hope not too cold for date night.
Billy thanks for software info. Glad you got a hike in yesterday. Neat pic
Mike glad wife time and food, sorry not much new ideas. Hope the talk with the owner helped the stove issue ;)
Buppies sorry about the wind, hope you can get heat fixed soon. prayers sent.
Ron I need to start doing that, will need a total overhaul.
Plowhog good thought on safe combo.
Drew Good thought on executor. Multi Generational Family need on going lawyer and CPA work. Not a lot of projects here that are waiting on me to get to it. Just no room.
Bill glad you had a come back from cocaine addiction.
Ken(tin) sorry about wind and hail in your forecast.
Scotty(vt) have fun in Florida. I am not feeling bad, I think the Covid piggybacked on the bronchitis/sinus I was dealing with.
James have fun with snow control. Nice snow pics.
Mike have fun keeping stove fed.
Scotty hope rock collecting went well.
Paul sorry about the airplane not rolled out and fueled, just curious what is their excuse? Glad weather did not mess with the flight much and airplane was picked up. I guess you remembered how to fly the turboprop as you are back ;)
Ken have fun getting some seat time. The sheet that goes between the doors will be interesting. Good luck sealing garage doors.
Don sorry you are getting same cold front. Thanks for Helo update.
Mark if you wanted to work the livestock show and retire, I sure something could be worked out :)
Billy sorry about the demotion to distraction. enjoy the snow.
RNG Good luck with the remodel. Hope the box unpacking went well. Thanks for pic
Ted glad you are getting a nice day. Good to hear the rice bag therapy worked.
Drew glad trip to DMV worked out. nice pic.
David congrats on guys victory. Sorry you will miss out on the follies.
Two_bit sorry about all the property damage , hope tit all gets fixed.
Buppies hope you get more than 10 flakes.
Ken thanks for the pics, dog does look like it is enjoying the snow.
Drew glad the snow blower did well. Meat loaf sounds good.
Two_bit glad they are cleaning and repairing. I have a GGD 2 1/2 yo. Enjoy your time
Scott(vt) nice pic
Randy(wag) glad prep is almost ready and rain no interfering much. Hope the prep gets finished and party good.
Thomas good to hear day went wel and kitty so willy to help you with ice cream.
Scotty glad good day on the rock pile :)
Two_bit thanks for links
Catch up is complete, thanks for your patience.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,363  
snowed all day, probably another 20 cms / 8 inches - it stopped at 8 pm, but there was a vehicle in my way and blocking access again. (people are dumb) I'll get to the tractor tomorrow

I could probably push the vehicle out of the way, but that would complicate things ... I have no where to be tomorrow.

the roads are terrible right now. in 4 major snowfalls this season, I have only seen the road crews / truck down the street once. I'm used to beating them to my corner of the world.

decided that for next year I want ballast weights, chains, rear blade

/ Good morning!!!! #184,364  
9° now, cloudy with a high around 17° today. Winds NW 10 mph, gusts around 20 mph.

Dump run this morning and that’s about it for today, to cold/windy to play outside. May play with taxes a bit if get ambitious.

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe, healthy and warm

/ Good morning!!!! #184,365  
Drinking hot cup of coffee. -0° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 18° with cloudy skies. Spent most of yesterday conserving energy. After it warms up some will get out on tractor and cleanup snow drifts in drive and around barns. Bought a new microwave. Will remove old one and put new one in its place.
First Full Moon of the year. Wolf Moon will happen around 1:00 pm on Thursday. It is also known as a long Moon. It will stay around for several days.
ijqfBwZ.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,366  
17 very windy now know problem with heat up stairs strip heater blowing small fuse on unit in attic part comes in Tuesday. Very cold today high in 20s. Pretty good snows west of here flurries here. Another dead pine ready to fall tend to that after wind dies down wind chimes constantly singing and a pretty song it is.

Ron some of the names of the moon I know some not, thanks for sharing

Scotty nice picture of grandkids

Prayers for all our Country

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,368  
1F partly cloudy low teens for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time. :)
Plans for today...4 hours part store afterwards stop for critter food,not sure what the afternoon will offer.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,369  
Wolf Moon will happen around 1:00 pm on Thursday.
Had to look it up-- learn something new all the time!

It's again the ... "Perfect 36" ... this morning in Beautiful Northern Nevada. Headed to a cloudy 53F today. Here is a before-sunrise pix not long ago ...

SunriseNevada.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,370  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

13.1F allegedly breaking into 30s later, mostly sunny forecast.

Did a bit of administrative runaround, dump run, chiro visit, it was intermittent flurries and wind all day, so upon returning home we ensured the couches stayed put.

During the running around, a quick trip into the habitat ReStore yielded a drop spreader for $10, which I used to neatly distribute a layer of ice melt up and down both driveways and around the vehicles and house. The spreader is probably better suited to pellets rather than the crystals we have, because of the consistent small size vs random sizes, but I just dumped the too-large
crystals in a bucket when the smaller material had passed. On the plus side, I used far less material than I normally wood have, since it was deposited exactly where I was needed in a highly controlled manner, and I was able to cover approximately 1500 linear feet with about 30lbs of crystals. That is probably close to half of what I would normally use for the same area. That was a good purchase!

today is a work day, so time to get ready for whatever fresh adventures IT and the programmers have in store for us…

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!