Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,381  
Sun is out here too Scott, looks like the winter wonderland you have, snow in the pines,
sun hitting the snow, very white out

time to go scape the car, again. I had it clean before last night but got a flurry
that froze on it. It is really annoying that the relatively expensive Volvo doesn't have remote starting.
That is the most wonderful thing on a Ram hemi truck.
You sit inside, push that button, wait for the BBAAARRROOOOOOOMMM
and then the twin plumes of smoke at the back.
marvelous

biggest challenge is remembering if wipers are off or on, particularly if they had been on intermittent.
don't want them trying to move while frozen on windshield.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,382  
OK, LS tractor, here is Jasper in the snow this morning.

IMG_8610.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,383  
19° has gone down since earlier. Might not get much warmer. We have about 8” snow from the 2 events.
IMG_3124.jpeg

Breakfast crew texted they were going, but they texted too late for us to make it.
Neighbor just started pushing my drive, I was going to do that later. Thought I’d hook the blade up on the BX.
IMG_3125.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,384  
very pretty out, short trip up to apple orchard, it was all nicely plowed out, still cold enough out everything is crunchy.
I always thought plain cold snow had a lot of grip. It's overdriving the slush I see as dangerous.
but first to defrost the car, boy is this getting old.
one silver lining of selling rv someday is getting my garage back.
I haven't scraped ice in a long time.

the smorgasbord under the picnic table has been well attended.
I just can't get bird shots.

Attachments

• IMG_2769[1].JPG
    IMG_2769[1].JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2770[1].JPG
    IMG_2770[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
   / Good morning!!!! #184,385  
Morning all, 24 and sunny.
Got about 5" of snow.
Took me 2 hours to clear road, 2xdriveways with tractor.
Snow blower and shovel for the smaller areas.
Dog is happy.

Neighbors have an ice sheet on the upper shared road by their house.
Seems to be water runoff from our crazy neighbor up hill :-(
Tractor was slip/sliding, into 4wd , drove up and got it cleaned facing downhill.

Be well,
20240119_121048.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,386  
Good Morning,
18°, sunny and windy.
I did get the tractor out and test the driveway markers.
It was just sitting there ready to spring into action, all comfy and warm in the shop.
IMG_3678.jpg

It was an easy snow to plow, made short work of it, even with doing a few neighbors as well.

Lane.20240119_161121_600348105.jpg

The only bad news for the day was the racket that the blower was making on the shop heater. I have a mish-mash of HVAC equipment in the shop. The second floor has a minisplit heat pump, the first floor has a propane furnace with a 3-1/2 ton heat pump coil on top of it. So the air handler and blower for the main system is the propane furnace, of course the oldest piece.
Fortunately, I had a blower motor on the shelf and got it changed out without a lot of trouble. I wonder if I will actually relegate the maintenance tasks like that to my son, once he takes over. My wife says I won’t.
At any rate everything is humming along as it should. The minisplit carries most of the load, because I have the downstairs thermostat set to 52. But surprisingly the heat pump is still carrying the load downstairs. I have it set to lock the compressor out at 15° and the furnace (aux heat) at 30°. And the mini split set at 68°.
So it works quite well and is pretty efficient.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,387  
Good morning! Low of 24°, heading up to 50°, mostly sunny and calm winds.... woohoo!

That will all change.... but, shouldn't be all bad... Sunday- rain / snow 20% chance
Tuesday- rain / snow 30% chance
Thursday- rain / snow 40% chance
Shouldn't have any accumulation of snow, we could really use the moisture though. Now, if the guessers are correct ----

All you guys that got snow please be careful when out and about.... don't need any injuries.

Check, thanks for the pic of Jasper! Great action play shot! He really reminds me of my old airedale pup Fiona --- she always greeted me in the same kind of pose ---- come on- let's play!

I was able to get the shelves sanded and stained yesterday. Should have 'off gassed' enough to get them installed today.

Then another small project popped up.....
We were watching a small house finch constantly flying up and landing on the beam supporting the front porch roof....opposite corner of where the woodpecker was going....mmmmm

Yep, a very small 1 1/2' x 3 1/2" space between the framing, which opens up into a void between the siding. They are scoping it out for a nest. That's definitely getting closed off today.

Then whatever else ends up on the agenda....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,388  
I have not shovelled snow in 46 yrs. Funny I still don't miss that. ;)
Been a balmy 65-70º most of the week. This is what we pay for to live here.
Was out yesterday picking the final bucket of rocks out of the reclaimed 5 acre field.
3 buckets total removed to make it suitable to mow from here on out. Rain to start tonight.
I put all the rock in the seasonal creek bed where I hope to be able to cross this spring after the rains.
At the least now I have a place for future rock collections. I'm sure it will take all I can gather.
Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe out there.

Attachments

• IMG_3631.JPG
    IMG_3631.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3632.JPG
    IMG_3632.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 43
   / Good morning!!!! #184,389  
69°F and 0 rain

Mostly an energy conservation day yesterday.

Parts for the Scag came in late in day. Focus for today. Hoping they are the cure and I’m not chasing some elusive electrical problem.

All this cold and snow out there, be mindful guys. Take that extra time.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day