Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,342  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

15.4F going to low 40s, partly/mostly day.

Walnut sap has been reduced to about six quarts, 9% sugar, so by tonight or tomorrow it will go on kitchen stove for Final reduction, should come out to about 7 ounces for this batch.

Work is entertaining,mfor varying values of “entertaining”. Training software was released to line supervisors two days before we started, so we rehires are basically beta-testing and de-bugging the system before the brand-new people start training next week. You know things are bad when they printed up “Bug/Glitch Report” forms and issued everyone several pages of them. If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is. . .

got to leave for work a bit early to do dump run and fuel run and get poor-tax tickets for mom before another day of cube-farm magicalness 😂🤣😂🤣

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,343  
15° now, high around 32°, winds WNW 10-20 mph and sunny today.

Managed to get all the errands completed yesterday. Grocery shopping was busy, you could see the people getting started on over buying!
For me one the perks of retirement (6 years last Dec) is being able to avoid the lunacy of an impending snow storm.👍

Taking wife to doctor’s office today, nothing serious just needs to get a form signed to renew her handicap placard. Could have done it by mail but it’s a good excuse for a lunch date. Nothing else planned for now.

Drew, the mice have certainly been prolific this year. We keep traps set year round. Hate them little buggers.

Prayers for those in need
Enjoy your day everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #183,344  
You are right, they are not comfy ones. Such style would be good for cafe. Make better turnaround :ROFLMAO:

This meme:
(P.S. - I don't agree what that dude is proposing)
r/fuckcars - Car sizes in Europe vs. The US

To be frank, I am more car-centric guy. In EU now is big push away from cars, use cities for people, etc. It's just not mine

From what I have seen in those "internet flea-markets" - you are rich man :cool:
Just not sure - are customers buying too, or there are only those crazy offers :ROFLMAO:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other than that - no big changes changes. Still rather windy and cold - 15... 16 C. Was walking with dog yesterday, didn't met a single person 😁 Seems people are not so enthusiastic about longer walks anymore. 😁 Can't say the same about my (crazy) dog. He is not ready to give-up a walk just because cold

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wish good health for all TBN crew members and their better halves !
Part of the problem is the stupid US EPA rules that have virtually eliminated mid-size trucks like the GM S10 or the Toyota HiLux — and if we are going to restrict the size of vehicLes let’s start with those people who want to do the restrictions! When those people start living like there is really a problem, then I will worry about my “carbon footprint”.

i think I’ll go outside and burn a tire now…

/ Good morning!!!! #183,345  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct,22 to start going to 40, with light snow falling now ! Sounds like more significant storm coming in on Saturday evening and going into Sunday!

Will recheck snow blower later today again !

Dennis, that pretty much makes it your table ! 😉

Kilroy, those clocking in rules sound kind of arcane ! Waste of time IMO ! As a modelmaker at Pitney Bowes we did not have to clock in, so for all the years I worked there I enjoyed that luxury !

Kathleen started removing Christmas decorations yesterday! I
Think I will at least remove the outside lights on the bushes at our front door before the bigger storm arrives !

Hope all have a blessed and safe day ! 🙏
I think it is a case of “justification of position” for someone in the HR hierarchy. Gotta do something, no matter how stupid, or else your job is not necessary…

/ Good morning!!!! #183,346  
Good Morning!!!! 46F @ 4:30AM. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High around 60F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
Looks like there's a Fog Advisory on I5 for a short section east of the San Francisco Bay Area this morning, but it should be burned off by the time I get there this afternoon.

Sorry you're getting the Napoleon treatment by management, KJC. Obviously they don't have anything better to do than be a PITA.

Got three more hanging shelves installed in the garage yesterday, and that's probably all there's room for. Still have five left over and not sure what they'll get repurposed into, but they're out of the way on the back porch for now.

I measured yesterday and it looks like I'll need a full 100' of jetter hose to get the patio drain open. Haven't decided on renting or buying yet.

Van is mostly packed for the trip north today, but still have a few things to load. Mostly tools, but there's also a cooler for snacks and perishables I use daily.

Gonna take a while to get the home up north back up to temperature; the thermostat is down to 58F this morning.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'.
Someone is justifying their position, I think…

/ Good morning!!!! #183,347  
Can not understand that mentality. I would so not fit in there
Once actual production starts those rules get relaxed, but meanwhile it is just the Adminisphere projecting its importance…

/ Good morning!!!! #183,348  
Limb removal is a bit of an issue, was on one once in Europe. Easy to see how dangerous they are, but more fun than an elevator.
Would never work in a government building that has a high-volume of the general-motoring public, at least in high-population density areas…

/ Good morning!!!! #183,350  
Good Morning
22° with a high of 35 this afternoon under a clear sky today.
Tomorrow will be different.

Well, yesterday wrote its own script. First thing in the morning, wife called me from the barn, one of the alpacas was dead. It was the oldest in the herd, and at 21, she exceeded her life expectancy. However there was no hint that her time was approaching its end.
I was able to drag her onto a tarp, and then drag the tarp out of the barn. Then went and got the tractor out to move the trailer from its winter storage. I used the loader to move the alpaca from the barn to the trailer, and hauled it to the vet to be cremated.
While the tractor was out, I swapped the loader bucket for the snow plow, and backed it into the shop.

I did manage to get some work on the speaker before getting out for a late lunch. As I was finishing lunch, I got a call from a good client that their airplane just had a pre takeoff mechanical failure, and they needed to get to an important meeting in Columbus ASAP. Soooo…. I dropped what I was doing and got things in motion to make it happen. That involved me having to go, I was able to round up a copilot, but I was the only available captain. We got them there in time for the meeting, and were the hero’s for the day.
Beautiful night coming back to Philly-
IMG_3616.jpg

Today I’ve got to go back and pick them up, going a little early to have lunch with a friend in Columbus, then get back in time to play music this evening.
I’ll get a little done on the speaker before I leave this morning, the driveway markers are still waiting for me as well, but at least the plow and counter weight is on the tractor.