Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #172,961  
Some other pics of the few things blooming.

IMG_0097.jpegIMG_0099.jpeg
IMG_0098.jpegIMG_0103.jpeg
IMG_0102.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #172,962  
68F and "Fair" @ 21:15, heading down to around 59F for the overnight low. Will be "open window" sleeping weather tonight.

Ended up going back to sleep on the couch until just before noon.

Refilled mealworm feeder with 20 mealworms, changed out bag on Japanese beetle trap in front and took the full one up to the can at the road.

Checked bluebirds nestlings on way back, they're getting all feathered up. There's at least three, maybe four ... didn't want to have the door on the nest box open too long so just a quick peek.

Refilled hopper and both tube feeders, also suet feeder + scattered cracked corn on the ground for the ground feeders.

Sun had come out by the time I got up and it was feeling warm out in it, so I suggested we tackle a shade job: removing the leaf mold on the west planting bed and replacing it with the black wood mulch.

IMG_2825 copy.jpg

Woman raked and loaded.

I raked and loaded some, hauled the debris up to the compost pile and covered it, and spread the mulch.

One dump cart and 3 or 4 bucketloads of debris, 13 bags of mulch placed and spread (I think)

Got around half way done:

IMG_2827 copy.jpg

IMG_2828 copy.jpg

Moved another pallet of mulch over to where it could be gotten to, moved three bags from a different pallet onto that one, and then hauled two pallets up to the shop.

Dropped the forks and swapped the bucket on after that.

Beautiful sunset this evening:

IMG_2829 copy.jpg

Need to go roll up the windows in the car and close up the garage.

Then it will be time for some pie and ice cream ... :love:

Hope everyone had a good Sunday ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #172,963  
Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks 👍

Haven’t posted for a while, not a whole heck of a lot going on (I’m good with boring). The veggie garden is mostly a bust this year, a few cherry tomatoes, 1st batch of beans never germinated, everything else either got some type of blight/rot or some other malady. Just too darn wet and hot this year and the forecast doesn’t show any changes so not much chance for a second planting.

nice looking lily Phil but I’ll see your fly and raise you one brown chaffer beetle lol.

View attachment 810301
Happy Birthday NHBX and mostly_gas! Hope y'all got a big piece of cake!
Breakfast on the mountain with most of the crew. They were short staffed and slow again today, but since we just sit around chatting it don’t matter. The new young girl was our waitress again.
AC on Subaru not working well. Compressor won’t kick on at times. Was hot the other day on our drive, and again today. Sometimes I can turn it off then back on and it will kick in.
Didn’t sleep well last night, I was up till at least 2am, wife till about 5 am. She came downstairs and read awhile in the night.
Good to see Buppies check in.

I’m still kicking around inexpensive small cabin ideas for our VA land. I have designed 2 house layouts already, but I want something to use until we decide to live there.

88° and sunny. Need to finish mowing, maybe later if it cools down some.
Did you figure it out on the a/c? maybe just low on freon? pressure switches? I had a buddy with a Chevy Cruze that we couldn't figure out. He disconnected the battery for a few minutes to reset it, and it started working fine.
Is anyone having problems with grasshoppers this year? View attachment 810048
we have zillions of them. My 4 chickens won't even chase them anymore. I guess they are tired of them too.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,964  
we have zillions of them. My 4 chickens won't even chase them anymore. I guess they are tired of them too.
The size of the grasshoppers I’ve seen it’s understandable.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,965  
Hi Everyone, happy Sunday

not much new for me - no progress yet with the lawyers or finances, the limbo time is driving me crazy, so much that I want to do. I just want my own space to plan and do, but I need to wait.
As far as I know the bear has not been back near the house, yard, chickens, since I shot off the bear banger 3 weeks ago. I have lost a few more chickens though (probably coyotes). In a normal year I would be buying about 75 - 100 chicks to replenish the flock, but not worth it this year ... the black bear (lives on the property) tears through anything, has destroyed every corner of of the chicken run, so basically the chickens are free range at this point. The coyotes are a problem this year in particular, and the eagles and crows aren't helping. I'll get through (ALL) of this at some point.

been to a few car show and shines.

In 3 weeks my Daughter, Son-In-Law and 16 month old grandson are moving 9 hrs away :( to Alberta, so I am trying to get visits in while I can.

That's about it for me. Thank you for the prayers. It's tough days.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,966  
Good evening all. 72ºF for the start, overcast with drizzle, .4 inch in gauge,, light breeze. Light wind, sky cleared to partly cloudy, and high temp wad 86ºF, HI 91ºF. Chapel to start day, made pancakes for breakfast, then most of rest of day was energy conservation. Did finally get more wood moved, and did get a nap in. Step daughter brought a cobbler over today then had some with us.
NHBX Happy birthday as well!
Dennis thanks
David neat story. Glad nothing lost and thanks for birthday wishes.
Drew glad you keep missing the storms, hope good travel today.
Thomas thanks!
Thomas sorry about trouble with game cam, hope easy fix. Hope mowing deck all better now. Neat deer pics
Buppies thanks for birthday wishes. Hope travel was safe and uneventful. Prayers sent.
Billy thanks for the birthday wishes, yes great day on lake. Glad deerflies not to bad.
Chris sorry to hear about your neighbor, has he quit? Good to hear grass is growing again.
Kilroy glad woodlot work is progressing well. Good luck with hornet's nest. Glad couch did not float away. Hope good visit and meal at your mom's
Scotty(rscotty) Glad it is no hot there. Interesting birds and insects down,
Mike sorry you could not finish weed whacking yesterday. Sorry about the being trapped w/o food or beer. I would have been devastated. Hope you were able to conserve energy.
Scotty glad not real hot yet. Hope you are enjoying the seat time.
RS nice high temp. Glad your friend got a good send off, sorry for your loss. Glad you had good visit with Drew. Nice pics. Hope you were able to figure out what to do with day.
Don hope reunion and birthday party were good. Hope you get some rain.
Gstrom sounds like quite the trip. Hope traffic easier coming home. Pics from tractor show?
Ken hope you got some rain. Glad art fest was good. Thanks for birthday wishes. Nice pics
Jay glad visit went well. Some people do take lots of pics. Prayers for Peg's wrist recovery. Glad you were able to both enjoy visit and dinner with friends. Nice hummer pics
Drew sorry slide messed up. Glad was on last day. Hope you had good visit with friends.
Spike sorry no rain for you either.
Paul sorry about FTP issue. If you wear a hat at least the glasses will stay drier. Hope you found something to tinker with.
Frits glad you got haircut, and more wood stacked. Hope you can get plumber to fix pipe.
David sorry about the weather washing out the mowing.
Dennis glad church was good. Sorry about the slide mistake. glad you got some lunch and rain
Thomas glad you got some work done outside.
Phil thanks for birthday wishes. Hope you are staying cool, deck sounds like hot work. nice pic
NHBX sorry about garden this year. nice pic
Randy(wag) hope meeting went well.
NHBX nice flowers
RS nice work outside. Nice pic
Kyle thanks for birthday wishes. Did get a nice cobbler :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /back surgery healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• 20230709_175659.jpg
    20230709_175659.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
   / Good morning!!!! #172,967  
poured first cup of coffee. 55° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 87° with plenty of sun. Made progress on chicken coop roof yesterday. After picking up roofing corner edge material. Have friend coming to my place to spend time at my place today. So most of the day will be spent telling stories. Maybe some shopping and time at local park.
These Lily flowers are almost 10" wide. Never had them that big before.
s9dGvVV.jpg

NHBX, HAPPY Bleated BIRTHDAY.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #172,968  
61 high in 80s no rain no humidity

Got home late last night very tired, on the way home wife forgot who I was would not let me in house or bed for two hours had to try and jog memory at 12:30 finally remembered.

Prayers for scaredy all others silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #172,969  
good morning all
currently there are at least six roosters all crowing away, like a chorus. I'm surrounded by farms and not far off route 30. Last night I went to sleep to the sound of clip clop clip clop of Amish buggies going by, up to 11pm too.

going to take my time this morning, coffee just finished brewing.
Have to dump all the tanks so have some jobs to do. But not fiddling with slide until I get home.

friends told me I'm coming home to blackberries and tomatoes, but that Japanese beetles have gotten into the strawberries. So looks like I'm going to have to spray them, likely using Neem oil.

Buppies, heart goes out to you, that has to be worrisome on top of other stuff going on. Hope all is well today.