Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,191  
"I think it’s time to shut down the USPS."

One thing they found in the last couple of years is that there are a lot of people out in the country who count on the postman to to deliver their prescriptions.

Chris

We use Express Scripts for anything not needed immediately.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,192  
It is 82F now. It was a totally beautiful day,
I mowed the farm lane and the meadows Monday perfect weather but the corm was starting to look a little dry. It took all afternoon and I was pretty tired by the time I got home. Tuesday there was a chance of rain depending on which weather service you listened to. That was all I needed to take a rest day. It rained steadily for about a hour at dinner time. I Mowed the lawn at the farm today. I'm getting the hang of the Simplicity zero turn. The little bit of rain we got perked the corn up. We may get some more rain tonight. The grass is starting to slow down. It even looks a little brown in places. The strawberries I got today were really good. My wife has started to bring in raspberries from the garden. Very few of the early berries make it to the kitchen.:LOL:

Have a good evening

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #151,193  
Storms came and went .14 inches of rain got wet but dried off

New bear with young came for visit got bird feeder again getting expensive bad bear

/ Good morning!!!! #151,194  
Got home late because of a late webinar, but a beautiful day...so, put 5 gallons of fuel in the mower and finished up the lawn.
After that, ate a couple waffles...had a shot of Jameson and went out with Margaux...

Forecast for tomorrow is about an inch of rain...glad I got the mowing done today! Hope it's a soaker (which is what the forecast is calling for)

Received the movie "The Northman" today. Current forecast is for a nice Saturday and a wet Sunday...be a good time to watch the flick...and 'Bridge on the River Kwai"...and "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" (real sweet flick based upon a true story of a very loyal dog)

If Saturday is ok as far as the weather, I do need to rig the chipper...quite a few branches and small (>5" trunks) trees down

/ Good morning!!!! #151,195  
forecast here keeps dropping, less and less rain. Now light rain instead of heavy thunderstorms.
They think...

have a good evening folks.
broccoli with pepper, Dash seasoned salt substitute and very little butter
yum
without the butter Don would have loved it

Attachments

• IMG_0916 (1).JPG
    IMG_0916 (1).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
   / Good morning!!!! #151,196  
forecast here keeps dropping, less and less rain. Now light rain instead of heavy thunderstorms.
They think...

have a good evening folks.
broccoli with pepper, Dash seasoned salt substitute and very little butter
yum
without the butter Don would have loved it
Boy!! That broccoli looks good!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,197  
Paul, nice color yellow on the mailbox --- it will definitely be seen! I was surprised that you didn't paint it Kubota orange

Actually Orange was my first choice. When I shifted to painting rather than powder coat, I couldn’t find an orange in a brush on enamel. I used Rustoleum bare metal primer and matching color coat.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,199  
"I think it’s time to shut down the USPS."

One thing they found in the last couple of years is that there are a lot of people out in the country who count on the postman to to deliver their prescriptions.

Chris

Yes, but UPS and FedEx can do that. We get some that way.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,200  
67F with a steady rain @ 20:00, headed down to a low of 57F in the overnight.

Worked on Kubota (with assistance from SWMBO) first thing. That kind of ended up being a mixed bag: we did get the rear u-joint pinned on the shaft coming out of the transmission.

Unfortunately, I was top side when we got the u-joint on the transmission output shaft and I didn't go back down to scope things out before pinning it on. Turns out the rear drive shaft was below a crossmember on the frame and it needed to be above it.

So drive the pins back out and pull the shaft back out, since there is no way to get the shaft above the crossmember without doing so.

And that's where we ended for the day. Was time to just walk away for a bit. Of course, You Know Who wanted to stick with it and "Git 'Er Done" ... :rolleyes:

We'll be back into it tomorrow, to see if we can find the magic combo of getting the rear shaft threaded up in the frame with the rear u-joint pinned on. To say that there isn't much clearance would be an understatement.

Did manage to remember to shut off the compressor and close the valve on it before I left the shop.

Knowing they were calling for rain later, I was anxious to get on the mowing so that's what I did.

Woman picked up weeding in the second circle where the coral bells are planted. She got that pretty much all done.

I got the entire front lawn mowed and after I finished it I came inside and fixed myself a roast beef sandwich.

Then after eating, I went back out and did some trimming on the evergreen bushes around the gas meter (leftover job from last year), also trimmed one of the oak trees up along the road ... so now the ROPS won't be getting slapped by the branches.

Woman made a chocolate cake yesterday with peanut butter fudge icing yesterday so I had a piece of that when I came in.

May do some repotting of pepper plants this evening.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)