Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,611  
Kyle,

Sorry for the sudden, unexpected loss of your FIL.

It's never easy for those that remain, but probably all that much tougher when it's sudden and unexpected.

You and the family will be in our prayers here.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,612  
Fuddy, I am glad it missed you guys. I am surprised at how many tornadoes have been occurring on the East Coast. I grew up in Bucks Co. Pa, never heard of tornadoes there. There have been quite a few in the last few years...A new tornado alley?
We've been here 42 years, 15 miles away before and never ever heard of a tornado. I saw one in the 60s in the mid-west.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,613  
Screenshot 2022-05-28 094602.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #150,614  
Morning all, Grey and calling for some rain, as usual, bit warm and humid.

Lots of storms yesterday, but was nice enough between them to get in some walking with the Mrs.

Fuddy - just wow, so much damage- hope the insurance companies can get rebuild going soon

A guy I worked with lived in Xenia, his fathers house was wiped out by a tornado. He ended up with the house when his father passed, a few years later a tornado took the house again. Seems like I would be out of there before the third one.

Kyle - our condolences, sorry for the loss and the medical interference. So many rules.

History of tornadoes in PA shows a big concentration in the last few years,

Stay safe and be well,

Purple20220527_092956.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #150,615  
Good morning to all! Low of 52°, going up to 92°. Wind has made it's presence known. Strong breezes now, strong gusts later.

Kyle, my condolences on your loss, hope the wife and sister are doing ok. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Thanks for sharing the teacher's story. If we can only make that mandatory for ALL teachers to be that conscientious with their work, children would be better off.

Not doing anything special for memorial day aside from remembering those who served.

Going to try and get the one bed set up with the drip system and mulch. With the wind and temps rising, finishing it up will be on the high side of expectations.

Everyone have a great start to the weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,616  
Kyle, that was touching, thank you
headed out to wash the car but looks like rain is nearby.
If warm enough, I don't mind a few sprinkles while washing the car.
It's going to get put away wet in the garage anyway though I do towel the windows dry.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,617  
64F and mostly cloudy @ 10:30 according to WU and heading up to a high of around 73F for the day. Got 0.33" of precip since midnight, yesterday's total was 0.52", and the day before was 0.37" ... so almost 1 1/4 inches over the past 48 hours or so.

That will have the grass growing like mad I'm sure. But it will likely be too wet to mow today.

Got hopper and suet feeder at the kitchen window filled yesterday, also put out half an orange which is gone this morning. Will put out the other half here in a bit.

Went up to shop and examined pivot bushings for play. Rear one was totally tight, no slop whatsoever. Tried to clean up the front one - the ID of the bushing had some sort of residue which resembled a plastic coating maybe - and then checked it for play. It had enough in comparison to the rear bushing that I deemed it warranted replacement so I went ahead and called the dealer and got them to order one in. Should be in by next Thursday. Ten bucks and change.

Also got another five of the 5 gallon grow bags ordered from Amazon along with 5 lbs of MiracleGro General Purpose fertilizer. (The 3 lb. box from Menards will get returned, since the 5 lb'er from Amazon was basically the same price)

Finished up repotting the Yellow Crookneck and Zucchini plants that were in 4" square pots. One variety (think it might be the Yellow) yielded 14 plants (out of 5 pots), the other a good bit less for some reason.

Likely to spend most of the rest of today working on getting the bare roots from the overstock sale order potted.

Probably run down to the corner gas station at some point and pick up some fuel for all the mowing that's coming.

Finish up 4 x 4 frame for the 55G drum for the Water Buffalo which should be a fairly quick task (located the T40 bit when I was up in the shop yesterday)

May work on getting more mulch placed over on that east planting bed.

Peonies out front have started to bloom:

IMG_1714 copy.jpg

IMG_1715 copy.jpg

Also just noticed that the first of the irises which were sourced locally are starting to bloom as well.

Hope the rest of everyone's Saturday is better than what it has been thus far ...

/ Good morning!!!! #150,618  
66°F and .02 inches rain.

Nothing strenuous, just ease back into life, probably some shop clean up.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #150,620  
Kyle sorry for the loss of your FIL and prayers for your wife and family. I know the autopsy is a hassle and delays the funeral but the blanks on the cause of death on the death certificate must be filled in accurately.