Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #28,391  
And happy new year from North Carolina also.
Seems the rest of you are just going to bed...
and Roy, I hope you slept in this morning and today you
are treated as royalty. ;)

26 degrees going up into the fifties in clear weather. Not much planned for today, cleaning and puttering.
I was going to light a fire last night and stay up and promptly fell asleep. Nothing unusual there.
So today I'm going to make some pancakes, fire up the fireplace, and put books away on shelves, hang pictures, etc.

and yeah, I might step on the scale to see what's needed there too...
probably more work than I want after the last month.

may this be the best year ever for all of you.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,392  
When I set off around the fields the tracks were still hard frozen. By the time I came back I was sliding through mud.
It was -5C/23F here yesterday morning and today has shot up to 11C/52F and climbing in a stiff wind.

Thaw coming.jpg

Happy New Year from England.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,393  
great pic Eric, and welcome!
you will have to teach us about Ferguson tractors; didn't the three point hitch start there?

just saw the future weather forecast. 74 degrees and rain on Saturday, in January. Strange...
I want some frozen ground to go play in the woods, not muck and mud...

/ Good morning!!!! #28,394  
26 here on a clear morning, warming to 46 on this first day of the year.

Our dog welcomed me into the new year by throwing up on the new carpet about an hour ago. It cleaned up very nicely, so I am impressed with the carpet and the cleaner...but not so much the dog. Well, first time that happened, so I'll overlook it...and she is so sweet.

We'll probably take a New Year's hike today - certainly good weather for it.

Beautiful pic, Eric.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,395  
Keep the noise level here DOWN, guys...we don't want to wake up the old guy (Roy Jackson) or make his hangover worse....:laughing:

Happy 2015 all.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,396  
38F here this morning but still too dark to see if it is cloudy or clear. Supposedly a new arctic blast is coming to drop temps into low 20's. I had to get up and go look at a burn pile that I had tried to burn Christmas day but didn't have much luck. Well it was burning pretty good this morning 7 days of smoldering thru a couple of days of rain, it finally got started. There are some 36" diameter logs in there that seem to be on fire so it is going to burn for a while yet.
I will take the LS down at daylight to punch it up a bit.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,397  
Happy Birthday Roy! Wishing you many more.

Happy New Years from Maine!

Welcome Eric!

8F & mostly clear this morning. Mid-20's today & sunny is the forecast.

After another cup of coffee I will get the pork roast and sauerkraut going in the crock pot.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,398  
Need to get fist cup of coffee poured in the new year. 38° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 47° with some sun all day. Not much planned for today. Maybe do some shopping with wife. TSC has a 15% off sale on your purchase today. Plus there is a Harbor Freight next door.
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,399  
GM! HNY! HBR - if you will ever wake up.
38˚ lightning and pouring down rain.

/ Good morning!!!! #28,400  
Gary enjoy your ride today. I have a grapple on my FEL and sometimes stuff gets stuck on it. Only once did it get exciting when it caught on fire while stuck on the bucket trying to dump trash onto an ongoing burn pit fire. Mine has a two foot block wall around it so I have to be careful with my front wheels for sure.
Actually, I have some stuff ready to burn in mind, sure is a cold enough day here and plenty of frost on the ground. Yesterday I saw the heaviest frost of my life. It was amazing on my truck's hood, about a quarter inch high, and I had to get out the scraper before I could go anywhere.

so what causes a "heavy" frost? Lots of moisture coming in overnight in the low temp hours? Not sure of the mechanics here. Maybe it's just living near the coastal waters and totally normal for here, my first winter. But I've never seen a layer of frost on my cars like I did yesterday. Lot of moisture, but the sun is still hot enough to burn it off fairly quickly. Trying to time the driest day before the rains again this weekend to get the tractor over one section of lawn. R4's with a loader create a real imprinting issue from the front tires. It makes tracks and I wish for some drier weather.

If only it could be like in Camelot, where it only rains on Wednesdays. If we could dial in 1-2 inches of rain every Wednesday, that might be interesting to try...