Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,341  
Morning all, 38 going to 69 and sunny.
Got some weedwhacking done, new spotsprayer/waterhauler arrived.
Filled it up, connected to lawntractor and drove around watering things, so nice!.

Welcome back Mostly, glad the trip went well.

BEF - I hope the RE agent issues work out ok, some agents just don't do enough sales to understand what they do :cool: Is Son getting more calm with driving and how is his knee?

Drew - safe travels.

Peach tree arrived, now have to acclimate it for a bit. Temp should (hopefully) start staying over 50 at night in a few weeks.
Today I will make the hole and need to get out in the back area if it's dry enough and move the fallen trees.

Be well,

They are still working on the New Hope/Lambertville bridge. They have kept a lane and the pedestrian walk open during construction. So it's taking longer.
20240421_115219.jpg

Another bridge, the Washington's crossing one, the DOT sent out a message they were looking at modernizing it. So all the towns are trying to get it registered as historic so they won't be able to. It is very narrow, but will ruin the look if it becomes modern of a very historic site. Hope they can stop this from happening.
Not my picture, but these steel bridges really add to the areas appeal:
2023-09-06_13_32_47_View_north_towards_the_Washington_Crossing_Bridge_from_the_west_bank_of_th...jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,342  
Me neither, I think it's what they are trying to do after the fixed commission racket was outlawed. I sent email to both agents, waiting to hear back. To WV I said I'm not signing an exclusive agent agreement, asked why the existing perc was not checked off in the document, and asked why the driveway documents were included in an offer, as that was done by the seller and the driveway is already installed. I'm wondering if they got a final approval on the driveway. The bigger question I didn't ask is why a landowner, who owns to the center of the road (state just has an easement for the road on your land) has to get a permit to put a drive on their own land. I understand where I live here, the state owns the right of way, but in WV it's already your land.

I also sent an inquiry to the local health dept in WV asking about the status of the perc. The perc test document the Realtor gave me does not even have the address of the property on it, just who did the test and the time it took for the holes to drain. I'm considering just passing on this land

Did my morning ride along, so will have to go again to fetch him home.
Sorry, too many red flags. If they were interested in selling they would have a package at hand ready for a prospective buyer. That includes survey, plat from county, health department paperwork and standard area/plat information.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,343  
Sorry, too many red flags. If they were interested in selling they would have a package at hand ready for a prospective buyer. That includes survey, plat from county, health department paperwork and standard area/plat information.
yes, I'm thinking of not submitting a formal offer. I will at least lower my offer price somemore if I do offer, since they lowered their asking price.

Ken, He drove all the way without complaining about the knee hurting, so that is good. What a difference 5-10 minutes makes in traffic though... He's still in training, once he starts the actual work he has a choice of shift, starting at 6 am, every hour until 10 am. He will probably take the 10 am to go in after traffic.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,344  
Good Morning,
Ct, 35 to start going to 62 with sunny skies ! We are sitting on the plane waiting to taxi and fly to Charlotte! Then short lay over and on to Jacksonville !

Gotta turn of the phone !

Have a good day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,345  
According to the WV agent.......

"If you are not willing to sign the agreement as me representing you as the buyers agent you unfortunaley will have to find another agent in WV to write the offer. Majority of agents use those agreements and as of July 1st will be mandority for all buyers in any state."

/ Good morning!!!! #189,346  

"If you are not willing to sign the agreement as me representing you as the buyers agent you unfortunaley will have to find another agent in WV to write the offer. Majority of agents use those agreements and as of July 1st will be mandority for all buyers in any state."
Should be somewhat easy to check. Call another WV RE office and ask them what their basic terms are if they show you a property.

In NJ a lawyer has to be involved, but not a RE.
In PA a RE has to be involved, but not a lawyer.
Someone should be able to tell you how this works in WV.

Good luck and hope this gets sorted in a good way quickly.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,347  
60F and sunny @ 11:00, heading up to around 65F for the day's high. Overnight low was 40F.

Occasional showers this afternoon gives way to a more steady rain into the night.

We're several inches to the good on rainfall year-to-day ... (y)

Coffee made and tasting mighty good if I do say so myself, Woman still in the sack (as of an hour ago)

Redbud seedlings made it through the frost yesterday unscathed.

Got a batch of peppermint extract/water juice mixed up and put in the 1 gallon sprayer.

Relocated cedar log to short saw horses and quite a bit of whittling done on it. Need to get out the chainsaw and trim off the spots where the branches were.

Outer layers seem to be getting eaten by lots of tiny black ants and pill bugs. Heartwood looks pretty nice though.

Thinking about ordering a curved draw knife so I can get into the concave areas that the straight draw knife can't reach.

Woman went over and got Cub out of the barn.

Got live trap baited and deployed.

Finally dried up enough that I was able to mow down the 2 strips out front where it had been too wet. Grass was so tall I had to mow it with the deck set @ 4" height. Still need to go over that again to get it down with the rest of the front lawn.

After that I pulled the MoJack out and put the Cub up on it, thinking that I'd clean the underside of the deck off and change out the blades for the set I just sharpened. Turns out deck wasn't as bad as I had feared, but that still took better than an hour to do. Hard on my neck laying under there and holding my head up.

Blades also weren't all that bad and it seemed to be cutting fine so I left those alone for now.

Hopper feeder refilled, plus scattered some for ground feeders. Also refilled the two suet feeders.

Woman worked loading cedar shavings into the dump cart and gathering up the grass I was scraping off while I was cleaning underside of deck that and then started on working on some of Her plants.

Her ornamental blue grass, which was in a pot out front, made it through winter and She worked on getting that repotted, along with this vining plant which had somehow taken hold in the bed next to the front steps.

After I got the deck cleaned off I mowed down the rest of the front lawn (85%) with the deck set at 2.75". That substantially reduced the dandelion flower population ... and will hopefully keep the grass at bay for at least a little while ... (y)

Woman ran down to the corner and grabbed another 3 1/2 gallons of gas for the Cub, I refueled when She got back.

Once mowing was done I grabbed that sprayer with the peppermint extract/water mixture and headed around back and sprayed a small portion of strawberries that we had covered with weed block fabric (because with were short on netting) to keep the deer off of them. Also sprayed one redbud, some hosta, the Stella D'Oro's and day lilies on the east side ... just to see how effective this mixture might be on keep the deer off them.

Woman commented though that She hasn't really seen the deer since I took those couple of pot shots at them a little while back.

After spraying I headed back up to the house and started putting thing away, was only around 19:00 but it had really started to cool off and I was tired.

Ten Day looking pretty good at this point: after the cold front comes through tonight we'll have a day of cooler weather with a high of only 50, then mostly highs in the 60's and 70's and even one day where they are calling for a high of 81F.

Agenda for today:

Get the glyphosate spraying done this morning before rain comes in later this afternoon.

Unload wire remesh panels and mulch from van.

Mow down those two strips of tall grass in front.

Maybe some mowing down here around the house where the grass is getting tall.

Gather up straw from the strawberries.

Then probably back up to the shop once the rain arrives.

Some photos of the blossoms here. A few volunteers, dogwood on the left, not sure what the pink in the middle is, white one on the right is probably an apple of some variety:

IMG_3183 copy.jpg

Around back:

IMG_3186 copy.jpg

IMG_3185 copy.jpg

Japanese Ornamental Cherry even made it through winter ... despite being gnawed on and picked at by the deer:

IMG_3184 copy.jpg

Looking like the tulip tree didn't fare quite as well however ... :(

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,348  
Ron, it sounds like I have an army of male frogs here on a summers night. Not yet though.

We've got a flash freeze warning for tonight along with snow in the forecast. This has been an unusual spring in as much as we normally still have a ton of snow hanging around. There is very little frost in the ground.
Of the tree stumps I have been working on, one is almost out and there is a 4' moat around the big one, the depth of my BH bucket. I have another bucket of Epsom salts ordered from the drug store. The goobermint in all their wisdom after the Oklahoma City bombing made Potassium Nitrate illegal to buy/own. PN was the best for removing/rotting tree stumps short of blasting. There is another thing they outlawed. When I first moved here (30 years ago) I could get dynamite and caps just by plunking down my drivers' license. Not any more. With the septic bed being about 25' away from the stumps I would NEVER try blasting anyway. Epson salts works, just slower.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,349  

Reads like she is taking some facts and adding her own, hoping that you will buy her property.
I find it difficult to believe that people will sign papers to pay a commission if the agent is not even involved in the sale. And the "all buyers in any state" has got to be BS.