Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,051  
Good Evening Buppies,
For some reason, asphalt smells better after it’s mixed with the sand and stone, the liquid asphalt at the oil terminal just seems to have a bad smell to it ! 😉

I’ve grown to like the smell 21 years might do that to you

Good Evening Scotty

/ Good morning!!!! #189,052  
I’ve grown to like the smell 21 years might do that to you

Good Evening Scotty
Have to wonder if possibly the dollars derived from it are similar to the smell of fresh manure to someone using it as fertilizer.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,053  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 5.7C and it's presently 19.2C, partly cloudy with a breeze.

All tasks accomplished 'in town' yesterday. The only 'hiccup' was in ordering the ANZAC Day wreath; I had to pay for it then and there as 'on account' has been stopped (for anyone). Last Remembrance Day was a nightmare for the florist collecting payments. I paid (not a problem) and will submit that invoice to the Church Council at tomorrow's meeting.

I do need to 'spruce up' the house today.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,055  
Hooked up the smaller trailer to truck today, and no lights. Verified good ground, actually put in a new screw.
Verified truck output was good.
So swapped and connected to the big trailer. Had to turn one of those bulbs to get it working. Just don’t know about loading ZT up those ramps, prefer the gate on the smaller trailer.
Always something.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,056  
Lou I suppose I’ve just gotten used to it smell that is. Warm based mix has very little smell. I also do not mind smell of crs2 or RC 250 tack

/ Good morning!!!! #189,057  
Good Evening Bill,
Thought I would mention that the two loading stations at the terminal for asphalt just opened up ! Boy does that stuff stink ! They load on two gigantic scales, weigh in weigh out !

Kind of glad I don’t haul that stuff !

Have a good evening !
The trick, if they don't have fume extraction is to stay upwind. It smells like money to me. 38 years of hauling the stuff, here.
We do have to be careful because some of it has H2S in it. Hydrogen sulfide gas is a killer. That is why I stay upwind.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,058  
Lou I suppose I’ve just used to it smell that is. Warm based mix has very little smell. I also do not mind smell of crs2 or RC 250 tack
I REALLY like the smell of RC 30. I guess it is the naptha that gives it the sweet smell.
High float 100 smells pretty good too, until they add the anti-strip which is extremely corrosive and nasty smelling.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,060  
Speaking of truck scales, a few years ago in one of the terminals I haul out of the scale was reading 2500 kgs light. (2500 kgs = 5500 lbs.) we didn't know it and I was constantly loading more and more on my B-train trying to get my gross up to my licensed weight of 63,500 kgs (139,997 lbs). it wasn't until the end of the season that it was figured out what was going on. They now meter the product on, 21,000L (5555. gallons)in the lead and the balance (20,000L) in the pup gives me a total of 41,000L (10,846 gallons) I am legal up to 42,000L (11,100 gallons). I am hardly ever pulled into the scales and thankfully not during the year the scales were out of whack.
Do the math, trying to tip the scales at 63,500 not realizing they were light by 2500 kgs. So I was regularly scaling out at 66,000 kgs (145,500 lbs), just a little overweight. My C 15 CAT handled it, no problem as did the air disk brakes on the train.