Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,133  
I am far more opinionated than most. I also agree with David Brinkley when he said “Everyone is entitled to my opinion”.
But I also agree with Daniel Patrick Moynihan, that while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own facts.

With all that in mind, I make a much better citizen here if I keep my opinions to my myself, and try my best to ignore those who don’t.
We all have something to offer regardless of our differences.
Once, I posted facts about why the gasoline prices had risen so much a year or so ago....I did not name names. I just posted facts. Only to be moderated. So, I have learned that facts apparently bother some people.

If the weather is bad, we usually know the facts behind it. But not as touchy a subject because most of us realize there is not much you can do about it.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,134  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up to badly).

7.7F, going to mid-30s sunny day forecast.

Woke up to faucet still dripping, nice to start the day with a win 😁

Harry had a very good play day, now that he is familiar with the place he didn’t have any first-day-of-school jitters — when we pulled us he dragged me to the door! So I guess he likes it.

work is still entertaining, for varying values of entertaining… yesterday the servers kept going in and out and resetting and yeah, it was entertaining. I hope they get those issues straightened out before the real work starts coming in. . .

even with the woodstove stuffed last night, HVAC started kicking on around 3AM. I really need to invest in a thermal imager and seal this place up!

one more cuppa and then I go out to warm up the car — definitely need that this morning!

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,135  
Once, I posted facts about why the gasoline prices had risen so much a year or so ago....I did not name names. I just posted facts. Only to be moderated. So, I have learned that facts apparently bother some people.

If the weather is bad, we usually know the facts behind it. But not as touchy a subject because most of us realize there is not much you can do about it.
Some facts are more equal than others…

/ Good morning!!!! #184,137  
Wow everyone, keep warm! I just read posts quoting 7F, 10F, 11F, and 12F degrees in various places. Very cold and widespread!

A rainy soggy 39F going to 47F here in Formerly-Great California.

Wife and I are going to walk the property today evaluating the merits of building a 2nd residence. Before, restrictions were suffocating and expensive. Although we have nearly 100 acres and just a single residence, a base building permit to add a small 2nd residence started at $36,000, then onerous demands for expensive road improvements and lot more got added. No-go. A fresh new State law curtailed much of the County's power to deny permits and demand excessive fees. It's my understanding we can now build a 1,000 +/- sq ft 2nd residence for a $16,000 permit fee, no other demands, and most importantly, the County can no longer refuse to issue a permit. So, we will walk the property and kick around ideas about that.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,138  
Morning all, fall has finally left, 10 and clear going up to 25.
Driveway is crunchy.
I use Excel to track the big stuff only.
Since I spend much of my day in Excel, I try not to on my time.

Be well,
20240116_114640.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #184,139  
Nice plow Ken, prayers for your dads healing BEF

10.9 degrees low here with wind just below zero. Deer are hungry other animals too

Maybe get tractor out today maybe not lower driveway sun took care of. Doctors appointments resume next week

Rswyn must be really busy

Prayers for all our Country