Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,081  
Temperature has gone up to 32 light wind still cloudy if sun comes out snow removal may not be required. I know that’s treasonous on a tractor forum but I just do not feel up to it
Sorry you don't feel up to it but glad you have the option to put it off when you need to. Get well soon!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,084  
Note to self...Tractor is 12 years old this coming July. Time to change top and bottom rad hoses AND the heater hose, install new long life antifreeze. Chase an electrical short in roof and maybe some circuit breakers, too. Change oil and filter, too.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,085  
RNG, I am just as opinionated as some others.

I am far more opinionated than most. I also agree with David Brinkley when he said “Everyone is entitled to my opinion”.
But I also agree with Daniel Patrick Moynihan, that while everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own facts.

With all that in mind, I make a much better citizen here if I keep my opinions to my myself, and try my best to ignore those who don’t.
We all have something to offer regardless of our differences.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,086  
Good morning! Low of 2°....brrrrr! Going up to 40°. Sunny but windy at 20-25, gusts to 35 mph.

Ron, glad to see you posting. Opinions are just that....an opinion. Sometimes people like to hear them, sometimes not.

Drew, also agree with your philosophy. A lot of immigrants will learn the language, a lot don't. Not sure of the reasoning, but it definitely makes it harder for both parties involved.

RNG, have a safe trip back to the south. The temps there are probably nice.

Don, glad the weather didn't cause too many problems. Yes, it seems that snow here evaporates faster than melting.... especially when the winds are blowing.

I hope to get the layout done for the shelves today and get the brackets installed. I noticed that I didn't count my pieces parts correctly..... needed a top and back for each corbel.... apparently I had 2 corbels missing those parts..... I guess I ran out of fingers!:eek::oops:
No big deal -- cut the 4 pieces and got them stained last evening.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,087  
67°F and no rain
Forecast says a pretty day ahead.

Successful trip to town yesterday, all diesel cans refilled. Nice Happy Hour gathering. Mal, who just finished radiation treatment for thyroid cancer checked in.

Should get this round of mowing finished up today.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #184,089  
Budget tracking

I’ve mentioned on here before that for years I have done my budget tracking using a file of many spreadsheets, many links between them. Manually intensive. At the start of a new year I start a new file, zero out previous entries, and start with the end of year balances. Time consuming and of course subject to fat finger errors. No links to outside resources such as bank accounts or credit cards. It has served me well over the years. I often make changes, even if temporary. But the reality is in event of my demise, no way Sophie would keep it up. When we do sit down and go over it, she always remarks that she’s going first so doesn’t need to learn. back when we met, her budget was write a check, enter number rounded up to next dollar. Don’t write check if no money. Very effective, but those were simpler days.

And this past year+ I’ve been working with the kids with a much simpler file to guide them out of debt. Now we are about to transition to a new phase which requires a different tracking approach. One that weans me away from the mechanics.

Given these 2 scenarios, I’m thinking maybe I should transition to a commercial budget system, something that once setup is easily maintained, ideally just add new transactions.

Any feedback from anyone here using a program/app would be appreciated, both the good and not so good. I’ve just started researching and boy the landscape sure has changed since my Quicken days. At first glance, free apps have restricted functionality until you convert to paid. Something with a free trial period would be nice, but prefer not to have to setup and abandon multiple systems until finding the right one.

Appreciate your input.