Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,201  
Here's one of the cabins, made of big 13" hand hewn chestnut logs over 150 years ago.

Great view of one of my favorite mountains to climb from the other, much rockier side.
20240101_132651.jpg
20240101_140018.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #183,202  
Good Morning Guys,
Vt, 18 to start going to 30 or so !
Return to Ct later today, after trip to local law office ! We are finalizing the transfer of our Vt property into a trust for the kids ! After that will be a long ride, about 176 miles to Ct ! Seems a shame to go back because we come back again on Thursday evening , some friends coming up for a long weekend ! I will work on Wednesday and Kathleen will watch kids for our younger son on Thursday!

Kyle, everybody seems to be having that lingering cough. Thought I was the only one
TBS, I have had it for two weeks now, cough with some chest congestion! I don’t feel bad, but would really like to get rid of it !
After uni (I graduated as woodworking engineer) I spent 3 years in chair factory. I am sure, chairs are more complex type of furniture to make
Helo, very nice on the chairs, seats look ultra thin but I can see adequate support underneath ! Also very nice accent on the arms ! Not an engineer here, just an old retired toolmaker/modelmaker that likes to playin the wood shop !

Hope all have a blessed day !🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #183,203  
Good Morning
29° on a slow climb to 40 under a partly cloudy sky. Looks like a nice day coming up.

Yesterday youngest son and his wife invited us to meet them for brunch in Doylestown, a mid point between us. That was a nice start to the new year. Once back home, I started making room in the wood shop to get back into speaker production, that mostly involved finding homes for the RC planes that were occupying work benches and other horizontal surfaces.

Son came up and we did a bit of RC flying, continuing to avoid putting in the driveway markers. Continued puttering around in the shop for a while. Played with Zoe, we had a Zoom Oddfellows meeting for the new year, pretty well attended.

Today will start with breakfast with the professor, followed by bringing my application for an exemption from the stormwater ordinance requiring a stormwater management plan for my in-law suite. While I will be adding more than 1,000 sq ft of impervious surfaces, which is the triggering event, my total impervious surface area, including a 1/4 lane and parking areas is only 3% of the total lot size. I’ll double check my drawings and calculations, and then write the checks and bring it all to the township office. Not sure what will be next, likely get started building some speakers.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,206  
Good morning, the low is 28 and going to a high of 34°F. Wind SW 19 gusting to 24 mph. 60% chance of flurries.

We are going to North Bay tomorrow. So I think there isn't much use in firing up the wood stove for just one day, so will clean it out good and leave it shut down until we get back. The furnace oil tank is full, just the way I like it starting a new year.

In 2022 the tractor burned 49 U.S. gallons of fuel. This past year it only burned 31 gallons.

Drew, I don't know much about my NIKKO Alpha 230s except they weigh about 60 lbs each. Back in the day they were supposed to be DJ equipment. Don't know for sure, but that is what I was told.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #183,209  
Morning all, 24 going to 43 and cloudy.
Got the bushes around the pool trimmed and some of the Crape Myrtles cut back.
A few hours work with hand saw and pruner, followed by the gas blower.
Still quite a few areas to be done, but good progress.

My home made bucket mouse trap in the detached garage has caught 3 mice so far.

Son is home sick today, hopefully won't spread.

Happy birthday Scootr

Back to the day job, was nice having time off.

Ordered next load of 5/8 sheetrock to finish garage walls.
Easy sections already done, so lots of swearing to follow.

Hope everyone ailing gets well soon.

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #183,210  
Good Morning!!!! 46F @ 5:15AM, still in Orcutt.

Nice long weekend in Kernville, and another quiet New Years. Didn't make it to midnight, again.

Played around with friend's new metal detector and found a variety of junk, and some surprises. Several coins, three spent bullets, and even an Apple Watch. Seems like it's in good shape, but needs charging. No idea how to do that...

Lots of headlines locally about big waves on the coast over the weekend. And some crazies out surfing on them.

More work on the garage partition today, hope to get it down.

Not sure what else I might get into...