Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,201  
Good morning, the low is 29 and the high to 30F. Wind W 11 gusting to 19 mph. 60% chance of flurries. Snowing right now.

We've got about 2" on the ground from the overnight dusting. Block heater turned on and I will go out about 10 or so and give it all a scrape. The V-plow will be coming off and the tooth bucket going back on. The tin on the V-plow didn't work out the way I wanted it, so off comes the tin and it will go to the welder in spring for a new skin.
Other than cigarettes, I won't be smoking anything until I get back on my home property. Smoking and driving carries the same penalty as drinking and driving, I WILL NOT be caught doing either.

You guys with mice problems need a cat. A hungry cat will hunt and eat what it catches.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #181,202  
excellent, thanks, I have a gallon of peppermint oil I used to get rid of ants
it also gets rid of cats near my birdfeeders
apparently it gets rid of lots of stuff
yet we think it smells so nice
apparently to other critters, nope

sun is coming up, finally. These short days are, well, too short...
I think that it works because other critters‘ olfactory sense is primary, whereas we upright apes are more visual, and the essential oils just overwhelm any other odor in the vicinity, making it impossible for them to detect anything else in a meaningful manner, so they just leave.

sortakinda for us like being in a store with the sound system on high and the only song playing on a loop is All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 😂🤣😂🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #181,204  
Drew, I'm happy for you venturing out for these last weeks and sharing photos. I wish your weather hadn't been so rough. Just think back to when you were in dire straights health wise, and look what the good Lord has helped you back to a good situation. Prayers.

Thank you. I have worked very hard to prove to myself and my family "I'm back"
and with no mental deficits. Or as I prefer, having all my marbles.
And thankfully I do. I went through an unusual hormonal imbalance due to the adrenal cancer and the three weeks of dementia, very happy dementia I might add, basically defined my life thereafter. I have had to prove I really am back to myself. And of course as we get older we get less capable and at this point I just say onward. Most of us have been through some bad stuff at one point or another.

if my health is measured by my verbosity, I'm doing just fine. :)

I admit I worry these trip diaries clog up this thread and maybe I should move it somewhere else. We all know what it's like to log on and see five pages of unread posts.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,205  
I just saw on a WW2 documentary, where there was a Ukrainian force (after the Russians had pushed the Germans past Kiev) that killed over 50,000 Polish citizens in an ethnic purge. I don't know how many Polish took flight after Germany and Russia invaded their country in 1939.
The part of prewar Poland where my mother came from is now deep in Ukraine. The neighbor's son was dating a late 20s Ukrainian lady that had moved here recently and she had no idea that the borders had changed so much.
Stalin in his paranoia shifted the borders west to further buffer his front lines after the war. He moved Russian borders into Ukraine. Ukraine got prewar Polish territory and Poland got a sizeable slice of East Germany.
But the turmoil over territory and with ethnic groups has gone on there for a thousand years +.
The Kingdom of Poland at one time was a major player in Europe and had territory that is now part of other countries.
So who is who is near impossible to tell, but they will kill each other to make their point.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,206  
Drew, I'm happy for you venturing out for these last weeks and sharing photos. I wish your weather hadn't been so rough. Just think back to when you were in dire straights health wise, and look what the good Lord has helped you back to a good situation. Prayers.

Thank you. I have worked very hard to prove to myself and my family "I'm back"
and with no mental deficits. Or as I prefer, having all my marbles.
And thankfully I do. I went through an unusual hormonal imbalance due to the adrenal cancer and the three weeks of dementia, very happy dementia I might add, basically defined my life thereafter. I have had to prove I really am back to myself. And of course as we get older we get less capable and at this point I just say onward. Most of us have been through some bad stuff at one point or another.

if my health is measured by my verbosity, I'm doing just fine. :)

I admit I worry these trip diaries clog up this thread and maybe I should move it somewhere else. We all know what it's like to log on and see five pages of unread posts.
Do not move it!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,209  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct,32 to start going to 50 ! got home from Vt about 6:30 last night. Rain was just starting as we pulled into DW.

Thomas, here is your snow ! Camera shot from the front porch, maybe a couple of inches !

Drew, I have had a mouse problem in my barn as of late ! Caught about 15 or so, using the Victor snap traps with creamy peanut butter. Once you get rid of them try the peppermint oil that was suggested ! That should keep them out !

This morning, wash the pick up before the temps drop sharply, and get some more decorating done around the house !

Hope all have a blessed and safe day !

Attachments

• IMG_3645.png
    IMG_3645.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
   / Good morning!!!! #181,210  
Good Morning.
36 with thin fog, burning off quickly, going to 45 under a mostly clear sky. A big improvement over last evening’s low ceilings and 1-1/4” of rain.

Yesterday’s trip was challenging, balancing a rough ride against a brutal headwind. We settled for a reasonable ride and 90kt headwind at 30,000 feet. Was a long ride to Columbia, but a quick one back to Philly. Weather was crummy both places and in between. Weather was at minimums when we got back to Philly, but we made it in and had the “Black Plate Special” smoked prime rib at Mission BBQ as our reward.

Not much else accomplished, not sure what today will bring either.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard steel end...
Cattle Panels (A33041)
Cattle Panels (A33041)
L-Tec 650 CC/CV 65-amp Welder w/Digimig Deluxe Wire Feed (A33349)
L-Tec 650 CC/CV...
Seeder (A33041)
Seeder (A33041)
6' LEVELING BOX (A32908)
6' LEVELING BOX...
2005 GMC W4500 (A32932)
2005 GMC W4500...