Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,451  
Hit road 8:30, home at 2PM. 1300 miles in 4 days,

Don seems weird you are planting Yaupon after hearing you and Rick clearing yaupon. Good luck with digging the hole.
That's the type of vacation you have to rest up from.

I was thinking the same thing when I bought the Yaupon, but I am getting tired of covering plants when it gets in the teens so any new plants I buy will be native plants. Just .02" rain yesterday did not delay digging the rock/clay hole for planting. It is in the ground.

Good morning! 46˚F heading to the mid 60s with north wind and the clouds clearing out this afternoon.

I did a grrrrrr yesterday. I left a bag in the Walmart bag carrousel and had to drive back 9 miles to get it. But it had a can of white FlexSeal ($15) in it. My wife insist she wants to repair her expensive favorite indoor shoes. The anti slip treads on the bottom are coming off and this will be an experiment to see if a repair is possible. The FlexSeal will be applied to the bottom of the soles. I would have just spent the money on a new pair.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,452  
To me, the biggest downside to the DIY mini splits is the fixed lengths of the pre charged line sets. Cutting and flaring tubing to the desired length makes such a better job. You do need a flaring tool that burnishes the flare, and someone would have to evacuate them after they’re connected. Harbor Freight has a vacuum pump for under $100 dollars, or you could get a local contractor to commission your install for likely the price of the specialized too

I was concerned about cheap vacuum pumps not being able to get down to low micron levels and leaving moisture in the refrigerant that reduces life expectancy. The dual stage vacuum pump I settled on takes it down to 15 microns but it cost a lot more money

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,453  
Morning to all;
A nice bright sunny day here, a bit cool at 18F but a good morning to drink coffee and watch the birds and critters;
no bird pictures well I guess turkeys are birds, so turkey and deer out the window this morning.
turkey n deer 1 8 23.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #162,454  
11F clear sky low 30's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Pans for today...check game cams,watch some football other than that think it's going to be lazy Sunday.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,455  
Glad you and Mrs. made it home safe and had good night sleep Mostly.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,456  
I was concerned about cheap vacuum pumps not being able to get down to low micron levels and leaving moisture in the refrigerant that reduces life expectancy. The dual stage vacuum pump I settled on takes it down to 15 microns but it cost a lot more money

It really isn’t much of an issue. The boiling point of water at 500 microns is about -12f.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,458  
Good Morning.
It was 30 when I woke up, it’s 35 now that wife has been to the barn, and Zoe and I spent some quality time together.
It supposed to top 40 with a chance of snow tonight.

Yesterday was spent almost entirely going to Punta Gorda and back. I managed to have a head wind in both directions, that’s why I don’t buy lottery tickets.
It was a beautiful day there, 75 and a gentle breeze. Still lots of blue tarps for roofing and downed trees though.
IMG_0729.jpg

Got home to grey skies and a damp 45.

Today, will be some chores and then taking the wife to see Ricky Skaggs at my favorite local venue this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,459  
The contractor pricing the mini split install said the biggest issue he has seen with mini split issues is to not installing a surge protector making them fail during lightning strikes

/ Good morning!!!! #162,460  

Will need to look into a DIY MR. Cool mini split for my new shop. Has to be cheaper than the $7K I was charged for the two units in my garage/workshop.

And that was a big determination factor. I had another contractor put in a slim line unit in another building a few years ago. It was 4 times the cost of the DYI. That was years ago.

As popagaget said... I can always call out a contractor to do the lines right...meaning shortening them.
I should still be ahead... LOL.

Too cold outside for work...so another cup of coffee is in order.