Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,341  
Neighbor's son dropped by and dropped the tree. I have a lot of chipping to do, but the tree is down.
Reckon that'll be my afternoon...and maybe tomorrow too
I have to get to the bank...get some money to pay him, even though he insisted it wasn't necessary

/ Good morning!!!! #155,342  
85 sunny degrees down south finished a wonderful brunch looking forward to nice dinner with friends tonight on the ICW. Very nice time off so far.

Prayers for all our Country. We need to practice more kindness for all seems to be a lost art

/ Good morning!!!! #155,343  
69°F and .03 inches rain. Bit cloudy this morning.

Thinking some garden prep may win out today, maybe some inside mowing.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #155,344  
Good morning to all ! Low was 52°, going up to 86°. Not really any rain this past week. A couple passing showers, some rumblings, but never amounted to more than higher humidity.

Very bad news to hear about Randy. He will be missed. Makes one really appreciate life overall.... don't sweat the small stuff.... you never know what tomorrow will bring. Cherish every moment that we have....

Makes me think about Eric and Ron. Hope they are ok.

Mostly, Happy Anniversary! Hope you have many more! Getting close to the big "5-0".

Drew, hope you get many hours of relief in the hot tub! Sorry that the jets are just bubblers. With your boating experience, maybe attach an outboard! 20-30 horse would get it agitated real good.... just watch your toes!

BEF, that lot looks beautiful! Hopefully your offer will be accepted. You ready to build another house?

PJ, hope the new job interview was successful and you get a good offer!

David, as usual, another project successfully done! looks great!

Lots to get caught up on, l'm angry that I didn't take notes..... can't remember all the goings-on.

Been really busy working on the Jeep, errands, paperwork, phone calls.... just doesn't seem to end....
Two major items on the Jeep to complete... the transfer case rebuild and the rear axle bearings/brakes. Will try to get some time on it today, but.....

Today is dog food making day..... and have a big glitch already.... the very expensive Kitchen Aide mixer bit the dust. The motor runs, but the gearbox is gone. It's only 2 1/2 years old, a replacement for one that was at least 35 years old. Out of warranty, but I'll call them Tuesday and see what can be done. It's only used about once a month, if that, so definitely not abused or overworked. I guess they just don't make them like before, but they still charge a lot for them!

Here's a pic of the Jeep with the "poor man's" body work done. Better than being smashed in, but not my 'normal' level of repair. It works, won't leave parts along the road, and will be sufficient as a daily driver.

Here's a couple pics, before and after. I think the fender got straightened out ok. Hammering it out saved $250+ paint.

8E81B34E-E72C-468E-B4AF-9F01BEDDEEAE.jpeg3B8777A2-5B1E-4546-B46B-6790D5542902.jpeg

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,345  
dinner on the ICW sounds mighty fine to me.
Glass of wine, good food, look out at boats.
doesn't get much better....

well perhaps if there's a ramp nearby. That's always good for some entertainment while dining.
some of the craziest stuff in boating happens at public ramps.
never forgot my drain plug, almost but caught it in time.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,346  
Good Morning!!!! 85F @ 9:45AM here in Lompoc, CA. Plentiful sunshine. High near 90F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Glad to hear the tub is leak free and heated up nicely, Drew. Do you have a way to monitor the electricity it takes to warm it up and maintain the temperature. There's a plug in unit called a Kill-O-Watt that's inexpensive and accurate.

Some excitement here when a sink backed up, and plunging only made it worse. Might be on the way to a hardware store for a little snake. Other than that, hit a Costco yesterday that was the biggest I've ever seen. Wandered up and down isles for 45 minutes seeing less than half of it, got tired of the crowds, and got the heck out of there. Rest of day spent in the shade with cool adult beverages, playing fetch with the dog. Not a bad way to pass time. Off to see some friends this morning, then maybe tackle the clog afternoon or tomorrow...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #155,347  
that would be good info, thanks RNG. I have to look up the wattage. It's thermostatic controlled of course and doesn't stay on all the time.
But why I keep the cover on all the time.
my soak this afternoon was quite nice.
Ordered three four panel self standing screens and a second medium grey soft carpet throws.
So this mess is the before. I hope in a few weeks to have a much more attractive after. Particularly after that wall gets cleaned and painted.
and no more looking at the hvac.

my sister is on the hunt for a high class rubber ducky. I told her to find me a little floating tractor.

it won't be too long til it wears off and reality returns, but to sit here with my hands and wrists and arms not hurting and my neck feeling pretty good,
shows there are non drug alternatives.

Attachments

• IMG_1270 (1).JPG
    IMG_1270 (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1269 (1).JPG
    IMG_1269 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1268 (1).JPG
    IMG_1268 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
   / Good morning!!!! #155,348  
And true in my case only having experience with automotive ac installs and repairs. Tested the new pump down to 10 microns

Is the system that are putting is a mini-split? If so you will most likely need adapters for your manifold, as the ports on most mini splits are 5/16 rather than the 1/4 of the rest of the industry, including your manifold. Looks like you have an orbital type flaring tool in the collection, as well as nitrogen bottle, I don’t see anything missing. (Assuming there is a regulator for the N2 bottle somewhere).
A bottle of Nylog is a good thing for making the flares and connecting them as well.
A micron gauge is an important piece as well, considering that you measured from 760,000 down to 10. You don’t have that resolution on your analog manifold!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,349  
neighbor's son did a great job!
I'll be out to do my part (chipping) in a bit