Good Books.... Well, there are a few.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #11  
It was a dry read, but I enjoyed 'Countdown to Zero Day' it is about the stuxnet virus that was aimed at damaging nuclear centrifuges in Iran. Amazing amount of work and trickery went into that bug.
Another one is 'The Happiness of Pursuit'. The author is a cyclist who was a top level cyclist in the 80's (I saw him at the Coors light classic when it came thru town). He's now fighting Parkinson's. This book covers that and some of his treatment, some of his racing (and wrecks), and his son, who is also a racer. He's able to ride again, thanks to some clever electro/neurological implant.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #12  
I like a lot of Clive Cussler's novels as well as the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.

Another vote here for the Jack Reacher series

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #13  
I too enjoyed the early Clive Cussler/Dirt Pitt books.

Some of John Grishams were quite good, particularly the first few. Some were very humorous such as The Summons. A Time to Kill was his first book that was a sleeper early on. His book of short stories Ford County is quite good IMO.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few.
The same can be said of the book 'Forrest Gump' by Winston Groom, better than the movie.

The same can probably be said about nearly any movie made from a book. A few people have mentioned the "Bosch" series on one of the movie sites. I have read every one of the books so signed up just to watch them. I made it through about 2 shows, and never went back. Then again I can't watch TV unless I have a good book in my hand.

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #17  
The same can probably be said about nearly any movie made from a book. A few people have mentioned the "Bosch" series on one of the movie sites. I have read every one of the books so signed up just to watch them. I made it through about 2 shows, and never went back. Then again I can't watch TV unless I have a good book in my hand.

What separates most good reads from film adaptations is the writing of the screenplay...in the case of Bosch Michael Connelly has given hands on participation in the writing of the TV show scripts...

The main reason there has not been more Clive Cussler novels turned into movies is his displeasure with the couple of movies made from his books that were out of his control...

The hands on approach has proven itself successful with with some other writers that choose to be at least part of the production of TV shows or movies...as is the case with shows like 'Justified' where Elmore Leonard (RIP) participated...(the 6 seasons of shows were derived from a 50 page short story of his 'Fire in the Hole')...Also Ethan and Joel Coen have contributed to the production of the Fargo TV series (which IMO TV shows do not get any better)...

The word on the street is that Lee Child has decided to take a similar approach in the future production of adaptations of his Jack Reacher character series...(word is Tom Cruise will no longer play the character)...!

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #18  
I made it through about 2 shows, and never went back
Really....., I liked the Bosch book series and also liked the tv series. I think they picked a good guy to play Bosch. Just goes to show you, to each his own LOL.............MIke

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few. #19  
Really....., I liked the Bosch book series and also liked the tv series. I think they picked a good guy to play Bosch. Just goes to show you, to each his own LOL.............MIke

I've also read all the books in the series and also thought they did a very good job with the TV adaptation...they did change a few things about the character's military history which did not really change the story lines per se....

FWIW...there is a new Michael Connelly novel 'The Law of Innocence' which is a Mickey Haller story (who is Bosch's half brother) AKA 'The Lincoln Lawyer'...it is currently #4 on the best seller's list...

/ Good Books.... Well, there are a few.
I didn't bother to watch the Reacher movie because I just couldn't picture Cruise in that role. It would be about like me playing the part in a John Wayne biography... not going to work.