Golf Carts

/ Golf Carts #21  
I've always been curious if the gas models are worth it? Or battery better to go? Use would be limited so it's not something that would get constant use. Ethanol free is all I use in all my gas powered equipment.

/ Golf Carts
If it is seldom use... there are drawbacks to both. Gas varnishes and messes up carbs and fuel systems. Batteries typically don't store well unless lithium. Lithium has a awesome storage life. Monthly attrition is 1% or about equal to daily LA battery attrition.
I would say Lithium electric would be the easiest to keep overall.

/ Golf Carts #23  
When do golf courses tend to sell off old equipment?
/edit
And what happens when an electric golf cart gets flooded in a hurricane?
Are they easy to dry out and get working again?

Last edited:
   / Golf Carts #24  
I was in the market for an electric model last year. Nearby Case/Mahindra/ Polaris etc. pivot irrigation dealer got in twelve 2019 models fresh off a Jacksonville Fla golf course. Three sold quickly ($4200 each) and the remaining nine were snapped up by someone from southwest Florida who would customize and resell them there. I missed my chance sadly to get one. Lithium ones were $7200 but already sold. ☹️

/ Golf Carts #26  
Have thought about a cart. But for Sporting Clays. It's common on some courses to see people bring carts or UTV's and drive the course instead of walking.

Not sure about the golf stuff. Why golf if you can shoot clays? Much more fun :D

/ Golf Carts #27  
Anybody use a golf cart to run around their property.
These little electric or gas carts are popular for transportation, hunting, or checking stock.
The use of lithium battery packs has really made this a viable transportation solution.
I can help with cart problems.
Yep I have a 1970 Cushman Golfster -gas engine I re freshened and the wife bought her dads old Ez Go electric , batteries are tired and she is making noise about replacing them with the factory series 6 volt lead acid cells.

Told her if I am going to buy the batteries... either using a combination of 12 volt lead acid or preferably upgrade to lithium batteries and charger.

/ Golf Carts #28  
An advantage of an electric cart is instant torque...! (and stealth)

/ Golf Carts #29  
Thanks Gentlemen.
Reading these post make me want one (for my wife of course). Her birthday is a great opportunity.
Well probably less expensive then then the diesel side by side I was working up to. But I will need the fancy larger chrome wheels, lift kit, sun canopy, with the US Flag graphics. I think there is enough room next to her tractor and ZTR Mower.

Now the hard part - what model and year EzGo Gasoline or electric with lithium battery and charger combination.
I always recommend electric carts. You can get the best deal if you find one with batteries about 5 years ago that need replacing. No need to buy one with newer batteries at a higher cost if you are just going to throw the old batteries away to buy lithium ones.

PS I think she will probably buy you new drapes for the living room for your birthday.;)

/ Golf Carts #30  
When do golf courses tend to sell off old equipment?
/edit
And what happens when an electric golf cart gets flooded in a hurricane?
Are they easy to dry out and get working again?
Around here, golf courses used to buy their carts and sell them off as they starting giving more trouble than they were worth. Now they lease them all at once for about 4 or 5 years and get new ones from the lessor at the end of the lease. They are then brought back to the lessor, out of state, and auctioned off as a group.

In case of a hurricane you usually have enough days warning to move your cart to higher ground where it won't get flooded. If it gets flooded, around here, it is usually salt water which corrodes and damages almost all electrical parts and many mechanical parts making it very expensive to repair. Even fresh water flooding can cause extensive damage because when it floods it may be days or weeks before you can even get to it to start working on it. Gas carts have the same or worse problems.