GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor?

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #11  
I saw an article a couple of years back on 4020 specialty repair shops. They only repair 4020s - and also sell completely rebuilt ones. Those tractors aren't going to collectors; they are going back to work.
The 4020 we use to own went to a shop and was rebuilt, and is still working on a 640 acre farm as there main tractor.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #12  
Have not owned a 4020, but was impressed by how many are still running and regarded as "the" tractor to have and be worthwhile to overhaul.

Watch a YouTube channel where the young son did a restore job on their 4020. Impressive that this farm boy knew how to do most or all of the work.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #13  
4020 definitely number one for me.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #15  
The first tractor that popped into my head when reading the OP was the 4020.

However, I'm going to say the JD 3020 for sentimental reasons. We (my wife) has one that was passed down from her father. It was THE tractor that became the work horse for the farm that we sit on. It is the tractor that my wife planted a field of beans on when she was 9 years old. You heard that right. It was his first ever new tractor.

It will get passed on to one of our grandkids most likely. They are the ones who are tractorholics, my late FIL and myself may have had a little to do with that! ;) See attached of him running a sub-soiler with his great grandson in the buddy seat of a Case IH 300+ HP.

Her dad was old school, old enough go to school old enough to start working around the farm. She would let me go before she would that tractor I think LOL.

Also, had a 318 and would be hard for me not to cast a vote for that also.

1665145793961.png

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #16  
Just thought I'd post a fun one. As the title mentions, what do you think is the best tractor John Deere ever made? There's no right answer here, its an opinion piece. It could be based on a variety of factors. Maybe its based on dependability (good ole' faithful), your personal attachment to the tractor (it was your first tractor, been in the family for generations), it could be part nostalgia (had a lot of memories with that tractor sort of thing), could be ease of use (made the job easier anything from power steeering to GPS) or it helped grow the farm (tackle a big job and your go to tractor) just curious to here other Green farmers opionions. Any you know what, if you see this post and want to add a non Deere tractor, go ahead why not?
All of them.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #17  
AS MY NAME SAYS, I HAVE A JD"A" MODEL 1946. I'VE USED IT AROUND MY 28 ACERS FOR 30 YEARS AND STILL USE IT TO MOW. I BOUGHT A KIOTI 4010 A FEW YEARS AGO BECAUSE I'M OLD AND WANTED A TPH AND POWER STEERING. LOVE THE A.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #18  
Going to go with the 4010. Without the 4010 there would have been no 4020. My second would be all the 2 cylinder diesels. Held the fuel efficiency record for a long time. They started with the R, 70, 80, 720, 820, 435 (not a JD engine) 730, 830, 840.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor?
I know this is an ag discussion, but I think the best Deere tractor ever needs to include (or at least give honorable mention to) the 318 of the lawn and garden segment. They were like a miniature full sized tractor! Still highly sought after in the L&G segment.
The first tractor that popped into my head when reading the OP was the 4020.

However, I'm going to say the JD 3020 for sentimental reasons. We (my wife) has one that was passed down from her father. It was THE tractor that became the work horse for the farm that we sit on. It is the tractor that my wife planted a field of beans on when she was 9 years old. You heard that right. It was his first ever new tractor.

It will get passed on to one of our grandkids most likely. They are the ones who are tractorholics, my late FIL and myself may have had a little to do with that! ;) See attached of him running a sub-soiler with his great grandson in the buddy seat of a Case IH 300+ HP.

Her dad was old school, old enough go to school old enough to start working around the farm. She would let me go before she would that tractor I think LOL.

Also, had a 318 and would be hard for me not to cast a vote for that also.

View attachment 765348
We have two 4020s and a 3020 and their all great tractors! Thanks for the story, enjoy hearing about farming family memories