GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor?

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #1  

Farmer28

Tractor
John Deere 5410
Just thought I'd post a fun one. As the title mentions, what do you think is the best tractor John Deere ever made? There's no right answer here, its an opinion piece. It could be based on a variety of factors. Maybe its based on dependability (good ole' faithful), your personal attachment to the tractor (it was your first tractor, been in the family for generations), it could be part nostalgia (had a lot of memories with that tractor sort of thing), could be ease of use (made the job easier anything from power steeering to GPS) or it helped grow the farm (tackle a big job and your go to tractor) just curious to here other Green farmers opionions. Any you know what, if you see this post and want to add a non Deere tractor, go ahead why not?

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #3  
I know this is an ag discussion, but I think the best Deere tractor ever needs to include (or at least give honorable mention to) the 318 of the lawn and garden segment. They were like a miniature full sized tractor! Still highly sought after in the L&G segment.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #4  
I know this is an ag discussion, but I think the best Deere tractor ever needs to include (or at least give honorable mention to) the 318 of the lawn and garden segment. They were like a miniature full sized tractor! Still highly sought after in the L&G segment.
How many 318s have 20,000 hours and helped make their owners millionaires?

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #5  
Of tractors I have actually had personal experience with:

John Deere 4020 cab, really liked the power shift. We thought the Power Shift was the greatest invention since sliced bread. Smooth running engine and low vibration. Don't remember the exact hours any more but it was pushing 14,000 hours when replaced with a larger tractor. Plowed, disced, cultivated, seeded and bailed hay with it.

Vintage tractors: John Deere 70. Fuel efficient and loved the popping (Johnny Popper) sound under load.
John Deere 70 had over 16,000 hours on it before new hired help forgot to check the oil. Had ongoing prolems with the pony motor, but we ran it around the clock when plowing and discing and we never turned the engine off. We would set it by the creek and pump water with the PTO unattended. great tractor.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #6  
I am not a green paint guy but in my book the 4020 is the definite #1 with the 4440 right on its tail. It was and still is the right size tractor for a lot of farm activities and was a great product after the very disappointing 30 series. While there are a lot of 4020s still in use most 4440s still are.

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor?
Of tractors I have actually had personal experience with:

John Deere 4020 cab, really liked the power shift. We thought the Power Shift was the greatest invention since sliced bread. Smooth running engine and low vibration. Don't remember the exact hours any more but it was pushing 14,000 hours when replaced with a larger tractor. Plowed, disced, cultivated, seeded and bailed hay with it.

Vintage tractors: John Deere 70. Fuel efficient and loved the popping (Johnny Popper) sound under load.
John Deere 70 had over 16,000 hours on it before new hired help forgot to check the oil. Had ongoing prolems with the pony motor, but we ran it around the clock when plowing and discing and we never turned the engine off. We would set it by the creek and pump water with the PTO unattended. great tractor.
Yeah those Deeres are work horses, we have two 4020s that weve had almost 60 years and there still a working tractor

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor?
I am not a green paint guy but in my book the 4020 is the definite #1 with the 4440 right on its tail. It was and still is the right size tractor for a lot of farm activities and was a great product after the very disappointing 30 series. While there are a lot of 4020s still in use most 4440s still are.
Yes! We still have two 4020s and a neighbor of ours has a 4440, great mid size tractor!

/ GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor? #10  
I saw an article a couple of years back on 4020 specialty repair shops. They only repair 4020s - and also sell completely rebuilt ones. Those tractors aren't going to collectors; they are going back to work.