Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #21  
Just a thought. I add plain white vinegar to the round up tank. Its cheap and a dash of DW liquid, roundup mixed, and a healthy splash of vinegar will nuke multiflora rose

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #22  
I use the highly scientific method of the top line of a red solo cup of chemical per one gallon of water. This works for me.
Not sure if this answers your question or not.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #23  
If you are mixing a tank at 41% concentration you are probably doing it wrong. Post the manufacturers mixing instructions and your tank size.

Too much is a waste of money and bad for the environment. There is a soil residual when you spray. More passes is more bad.

It seems ironic to me to toxify the environment in order to plant "wild flowers". Kinda like using a harpoon gun to "save the whales".

Use a rototiller to cultivate the grass then seed your wildflower mix. No herbicide required.
I agree with what you are saying, but there are programs out there (like the Bee and Butterfly Habitat Fund) that require you to plant a ground cover such as soybean and then spray a few weeks before spreading the wildflower seeds to germinate over the winter. They require you to send photos of each step before they'll supply the seeds.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #24  
Probably get hammered for this, but ol school pipeline maintenance guy advised a mix of 2 oz glyphosate, + 1 oz 2-4-d per gallon water good squeeze of Dawn to top off the tank. Been using this for years, works great. I’ve had pretty good luck using RM 43 along parts of my fence line where “tye vines” and poison oak are a problem. Careful with that stuff as it a residual & will sterilize the soil.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #25  
Probably get hammered for this, but ol school pipeline maintenance guy advised a mix of 2 oz glyphosate, + 1 oz 2-4-d per gallon water good squeeze of Dawn to top off the tank. Been using this for years, works great. I’ve had pretty good luck using RM 43 along parts of my fence line where “tye vines” and poison oak are a problem. Careful with that stuff as it a residual & will sterilize the soil.
2-4-D is highly volatile. Never ever use it on even a mild wind. Stuff can go into the air and drift miles away and kill stuff. Was forever getting experience like this to the extension office when I volunteered there.

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #27  
Standard glyphosate concentrate found at TSC and other supply stores is 41%. You want to arrive at roughly 1.5 to 2% in the final mix. Just do the math

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #28  
I use the highly scientific method of the top line of a red solo cup of chemical per one gallon of water. This works for me.
Not sure if this answers your question or not.
That could be 16-20oz/gal which is WAY TO MUCH, esp a non-selective herbicide....you would sterilize the ground..

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #29  
I've concluded a 20 yr experiment on 2 tough invasive plants, Mustard and Tumbleweed. I find 2 oz per gallon will eventually kill 90% of it. 2.5 oz per gallon will kill 100%.
The younger the plant the easier they are to kill. GL

/ Glyphosphate - application rate advice needed #30  
I've concluded a 20 yr experiment on 2 tough invasive plants, Mustard and Tumbleweed. I find 2 oz per gallon will eventually kill 90% of it. 2.5 oz per gallon will kill 100%.
The younger the plant the easier they are to kill. GL
2 oz of what? The 41% concentrate I assume ?